Author Topic: Bug in the pratice with the long range targets creation.  (Read 5679 times)

Offline Ijustwanttoplay

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
Bug in the pratice with the long range targets creation.
« on: August 22, 2017, 06:59:05 am »
I want to practice in  shooting Hades and Lumberjack. I need a distant targets for this. I`m creating a practice game, mounting a gun and pressing F9 to create a far target. But that target starts to fall down instead of just hanging in the air (like others short and middle ones do). So the only way i can practice LR shooting is by creating the close targets then move the ship away from it. This is inconvenient and wrong. Is there a way to create the LR target which wouldnt fall down?

Offline Dementio

• Salutes: 135
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
Re: Bug in the pratice with the long range targets creation.
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 03:09:24 pm »
You might be aiming too high with your cursor, the ship is probably falling down because you spawned it above the height ceiling, so the game pushes it back into boundaries. Try a big open map like Anglean Raider / Fight over Firnfeld 3v3 or some King of the Flayed Hills / Red Spulcher, they might be better for this sort of thing.

You can always get a buddy to pilot a ship for you and do some 2-man Alliance matches, those AIs actually move a bit, you can also always crank up the difficulty to encourage your pilot to move away from them. Getting used to how to aim a gun at range is only a small part after all, all ships are constantly moving, unless the fight is either already won or your pilot has given up.

For Hades and Lumberjack specifically I remember these two old steam guides, they should still be relevant as Hades and Lumberjack haven't been touched since and neither has Lesmok. Charged has changed though in that it gives guns a bit more projectile speed, it would be worth to find out how it aims now, I believe:
Hades: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=219023658
Lumberjack: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=204782159