Author Topic: Lobbies merging vote for the Alliance  (Read 5907 times)

Offline Ijustwanttoplay

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
Lobbies merging vote for the Alliance
« on: June 28, 2017, 07:54:28 am »
In the Alliance DLC there are too many one ship lobbies. In fact it`s frequently a "single captain`s game", one player driving the ship and whole AI crew. That`s good for testing purposes. but boring. And at the same time it`s very difficult to gather even a 3 ships lobby, while in the original game a 4 ships lobbies is a common practice. Also many people voting Rematch after the game just for not gathering the lobby again (so not using the Play button). That way the lobbies remains empty, although there are enough people around to form a larger ones. I propose to make a "Merge lobby" vote after the match and while waiting for the game in existing. If that vote is passed, a smaller ones (ex 1 ship) can be merged with bigger ones which accepted merging too. For example i`m started playing 1 ship, after the match we voting to merge, and at the same time another 4 ships lobby have empty ship`s slot and  "Accept merging" was checked, in that case, our ship will not return to 1 ship`s lobby after the match but goes to that 4 ships one. (with similar to Play button waiting, if need). As second example. Player 1 starts a single ship lobby, player 2 does the same. after their first  games they both voted for merging. That way both of them will go to the new 2 ships lobby, and their original 1 ship`s lobbies  will be dismissed instead.

Offline Corporal Ravioli

• Salutes: 8
    • View Profile
Re: Lobbies merging vote for the Alliance
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 08:37:34 am »
Seems like a reasonable idea.

On a slightly related note, it's also fairly annoying to enter the match list and see a majority of locked matches. I would prefer if the drop-down was set to show only public matches by default, and opt in to see closed lobbies, as opposed to the opposite way around. This is especially applicable since the language in the game recommends that players create lobbies like this if they wish to play single-player. If they're only interested in playing with themselves, why do I have to see it by default?

Offline Ijustwanttoplay

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Lobbies merging vote for the Alliance
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 09:51:12 am »
I would prefer if the drop-down was set to show only public matches by default, and opt in to see closed lobbies, as opposed to the opposite way around.

And also i second to this. Even more - why all options has to be reset every time i press the "Match list"? If i`ve already checked Only European servers, so there is no reason for me to play my next match with higher ping on the American or Asian ones.