Author Topic: Match ends are jarring  (Read 49483 times)

Offline Corporal Ravioli

• Salutes: 8
    • View Profile
Match ends are jarring
« on: June 07, 2017, 11:20:55 am »
When the final kill is successfully completed to bring about the end of the match, the Victory/Defeat screen comes in far too quickly.

It seems that the millisecond the ship is destroyed, you're yanked out of the match and into the result screen. This makes it jarring and often even confusing, since you don't even get to see the ship debris for context. This is amplified when the match ends in a brawl at 4 - 4 and nobody has ANY idea who won right when it finishes.

The suggestion seems simple: extend the match view for even one or two seconds so that we can SEE who gets destroyed. Even just a glimpse should be enough to assign context. As it is now, it's simply unpleasant and opens up the door for confusing situations.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 11:24:00 am by Corporal Ravioli »

Offline Huskarr

• Salutes: 29
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
Re: Match ends are jarring
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 11:37:35 am »
yis plox. Want

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 146
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 01:01:49 pm »
My suggestion, they add the ending screen of Alliance, except instead of victory, it shows which team won and fades into the explosion of the dying vessel in slow motion before going to the Vote to Rematch / Statistics.

Offline Psi Crow

• Salutes: 6
    • [SMGS]
    • View Profile
    • germanspeaking GoI community on Steam
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2017, 05:23:03 pm »
yes yes yessss I noticed the same. I remember we could see the last explosion (if looking in correct direction) but it vanished at some point in the last months I guess. I'm often like "did we die or the enemy or our ally??"

Offline Red-Xiii

• Salutes: 32
    • [-§ɱ-]
    • View Profile
    • Steel Meridian
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 05:34:02 pm »
if you look at steam at all you may notice i already got a direct hit on this with Howard right when the issue began.  He stated someone already reported it and they will look into it.  This was quite some time ago.  Give it another 5-7 months and it will be rectified.

Offline MightyKeb

• Salutes: 78
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2017, 07:09:48 am »
Give it another 5-7 months

kek, o7

Offline Long Max

• Salutes: 3
    • [臭襪子]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2017, 10:54:33 am »
It really confusing, when in 4-4 the last action was the ramming of an enemy ship. And, of course, you can miss some fireworks.

Offline MightyKeb

• [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2017, 11:23:29 am »
And, of course, you can miss some fireworks.

You used to be able to see the wreckage of the last ship when it died, now it just dissapears into another dimension while the game takes you to sightseeing way too quickly.

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2017, 11:51:30 am »
Yeah, it's not that satisfying anymore to actually finish the game. Match just shoves appropriate screen in your face out of the blue, and it's rather disorienting.

Offline Corporal Ravioli

• Salutes: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2017, 08:56:50 am »
Here's an idea. How would you like if the victory/defeat type appeared first as an overlay on top of the main game view, and then after two seconds the game view transitions to the actual result screen. This gives the player that tiny period to whip their head around and see what happened, confirm "wait are we blue team again?", jump around in celebration, or extinguish the pilot. For the defeated ship, they now  get an extra few seconds  to revel in the falling debris of their vessel. This can easily be paired with the Alliance objective drum sound effect for extra emphasis.

I think that would be much more clear and enjoyable for players.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 09:04:26 am by Corporal Ravioli »

Offline Psi Crow

• Salutes: 6
    • [SMGS]
    • View Profile
    • germanspeaking GoI community on Steam
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2019, 03:48:24 pm »
necroing this as it was discussed during coffe hour today.
does anybody know which update exactly killed it? Also apparently it's still like that in pirate dm, haven't checked myself though.
Here's an idea. How would you like if the victory/defeat type appeared first as an overlay on top of the main game view, and then after two seconds the game view transitions to the actual result screen. This gives the player that tiny period to whip their head around and see what happened, confirm "wait are we blue team again?", jump around in celebration, or extinguish the pilot. For the defeated ship, they now  get an extra few seconds  to revel in the falling debris of their vessel. This can easily be paired with the Alliance objective drum sound effect for extra emphasis.

I think that would be much more clear and enjoyable for players.
I'd love this, but just 2 more seconds would be ok for me too.

Offline MightyKeb

• [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2019, 07:04:13 am »
necroing this as it was discussed during coffe hour today.
does anybody know which update exactly killed it? Also apparently it's still like that in pirate dm, haven't checked myself though.

Not by heart but the end screen camera angles around the map + the instant transition came with the Alliance update. Also, around that time or somewhat before that, the last dying ship in a match would disappear without making a sound, and still does to this day.

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2019, 05:38:41 pm »
We have talked to the coders and have it on the tracker for investigation. The delay is still in Pirate Deathmatch, so might be an unintentional change that came with the addition of AI Directors. Will keep you updated.

Offline Cisco Kid

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2019, 12:18:44 am »
We have talked to the coders and have it on the tracker for investigation. The delay is still in Pirate Deathmatch, so might be an unintentional change that came with the addition of AI Directors. Will keep you updated.

2 years later........cant wait for the next update  :-X

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2019, 06:33:40 pm »
I double checked, and was wrong about it being in Pirate Deathmatch. It also does not show the final kill.