Author Topic: Reasons to join Mercantile Guild  (Read 10701 times)

Offline GurasOguras

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 30
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
Reasons to join Mercantile Guild
« on: May 07, 2017, 04:53:54 pm »
Reasons to join Mercantile Guild: None

Why join Mercantile when you can literally just have 4 contested areas as Arashi or Chaladon.

Mercantile guild perspective, 10 areas to fight over

Arashi League perspective, 4 areas to fight over

I see this as an issue. How will it be addressed? Will this be released "how-it-is" in just a few days? Maybe there should be a limit to how many factions can your faction fight with at the same time?

Offline Daft Loon

• Salutes: 47
    • [◕_◕]
    • View Profile
Re: Reasons to join Mercantile Guild
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2017, 06:46:06 pm »
The Guild seem to be worse off there because Yesha and Arashi have only been allocated their 'core' territories while the merchants still own a huge chunk of the middle bit. I would be surprised (although its muse so maybe not too surprised) if Merchantile still owned Oblivion Pass, Garrington and Faron by default when they release it.

The Arashi might get an easy time unless they put in some relevant new mechanics but the merchants probably won't have this bad a time and even if they leave it the merchants will quickly lose those territories and likely no longer have to fight at least one of the Angleans, Yeshans or Baronies.

Offline Byron Cavendish

• Salutes: 89
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 05:17:42 am »
But the guild is the only faction that has a ship and clothing that looks somewhat plausible, that doesn't look like complete trash.

Offline GurasOguras

• Community Ambassador
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 09:21:10 am »
But the guild is the only faction that has a ship and clothing that looks somewhat plausible, that doesn't look like complete trash.

True, but you could also unlock the ship from grandmaster achievements playing for other faction. I am taking about gameplay issues.

Offline Byron Cavendish

• Salutes: 89
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 03:48:25 am »
Not everyone who still plays this knows that I'd wager, and if they too are turned off by how badly the other factions look it may be the reason the guild is over populated.

Offline GurasOguras

• Community Ambassador
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2017, 04:46:28 am »
Alright. Let's make it clear that this thread was meant to sarcastically express how some factions like Chaladon or Arashi get unfair advantage over other ones. That applies especially to Mercantile Guild, but other factions are also affected.

The thread title is sarcastic. I'm not here to discuss the Mercantile Guild itself.

Offline Naoura

• Salutes: 25
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2017, 10:58:56 am »
I think Mercantile is a fation that is supposed to take advantage of other faction's weaknesses. They have access to pretty much everyone, and everyone else will be fighting a different faction. Merchants would be leaping on a scenario that's advantageous to them at any turn.

So, in effect, I think they wanted the Mercs to have the chance to attack every faction as those factions are fighting amongst the others. Bottom feeders and opportunists.

Not going to play off like that at all, buuuut.