Author Topic: Customized Clans (Online)  (Read 10822 times)

Offline Kenchmeister

• Salutes: 1
    • [MST]
    • View Profile
Customized Clans (Online)
« on: May 08, 2013, 03:35:56 pm »
A suggestion to Improve and develop smaller communities within the game is have Player Clans, where for Example I would be able to Create a clan, possibly even design an Emblem or Uniform and add or invite friends or other people to join my clan. This could lead to many future developments such as a Clan Cup where every week or month, clans with the highest Destroys get together and battle it out for the Clan Cup. Clans are a big part of nearly every MMORPG therefore having dedicated player created clans with custom emblems and Pages would make the Community between Player much Tighter.

This I believe is a suggestion that many GoIO players/gamers would love to see. Therefore I would Love to hear both the Players and the Dev's view on this Topic.  ;D

Thank You,
Kenchmeister  :D

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Customized Clans (Online)
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 03:38:32 pm »
There are player-formed clans already, the game just doesn't have built in support yet. That'll be coming in a future patch (not sure to what extent, there'll at least be clan tags).

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 04:57:10 am »
Also clans duke it out weekly in the Cogs and other player run tournaments. Someone post up the links.

Offline Ofiach

• Salutes: 25
    • [FALC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 09:31:00 am »
I'm not a computer programmer at all so I don't know how hard it would be........ But a simple leather flight jacket that you could slap a clan crest on the back of would be awesome.

Muse probably hates my suggestions by now >.>

Offline Kenchmeister

• [MST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2013, 11:21:00 am »
I'm not a computer programmer at all so I don't know how hard it would be........ But a simple leather flight jacket that you could slap a clan crest on the back of would be awesome.

Muse probably hates my suggestions by now >.>

No thats quite a good Idea. Thanks exactly what I imagined. It would be great to see some development such as that.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2013, 11:23:56 am »
Since all of their costumes, minus the default, are paid items, that probably won't happen. That would make people buy a jacket to join a clan, which I don't see anyone doing.

Offline Kenchmeister

• [MST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2013, 11:32:16 am »
Since all of their costumes, minus the default, are paid items, that probably won't happen. That would make people buy a jacket to join a clan, which I don't see anyone doing.

Yeah I guess this clan clothing support could only happen once free clothing Items would be released. But for some reason I don't see this happening. Or they could make it so that you earn clan clothing after various achievements? It complicated...

Offline Sgt. Spoon

• Salutes: 112
    • [Keno]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2013, 11:50:04 am »
Well, we do have the unlockable free items from achievements, so something like this wouldn't be to unrealistic...

Offline Ofiach

• [FALC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2013, 11:53:05 am »
I was thinking the same Sgt. Spoon Something as simple as "Play a match with a clan mate" unlocks a jacket. It doesn't have to be the coolest looking jacket ever. I was honestly thinking along the lines of the classic bomber jacket.

Offline Kenchmeister

• [MST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2013, 01:28:26 pm »
I was thinking the same Sgt. Spoon Something as simple as "Play a match with a clan mate" unlocks a jacket. It doesn't have to be the coolest looking jacket ever. I was honestly thinking along the lines of the classic bomber jacket.

Yeah something like that. I was thinking the exact same thing. Like A Bomber Jacket with your personalized clan Logo on the back. That would be super awesome.

Going back to Runescape times. Something like the Runescape Bomber Jacket only more GoIO'eyyy and better!

Offline Richard P

• Salutes: 3
    • [PLRS]
    • View Profile
    • Fleet of Sodom blog
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2013, 06:14:01 pm »
Clan jacket is a very good idea, but you know, we have about 15 clans now (in the clan thread in docks, I'm afraid there are even more), in every clan there are men and women, pilots, engineers, gunners and multiclass players, and all the classes usually have different costumes (and I think clan items should be different for the classes too). It's about 70-90 different new items with 6 different models.
Also there is one more problem: clan members usually play a lot with another clan member, I don't think a lot of players will ever see this jackets. Of course in the adventure mode with walkable cities the situation will change, but I'm not sure we need clan items right now.
I think I also have a good idea, but I'm afraid you heard it million times before me. How about a painting on the ship? Somewhere on the balloon (there are few plain surfaces on the hull, and tha balloon is often bigger) we can put an emblem of a clan. There is a lot of free space on balloons now. Everybody will see this emblem through their spyglasses and become paralyzed with fear, they will be often seen in usual matches and maybe it will help with recruiting.

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2013, 06:48:12 pm »
If I'm not mistaken Muse is elbow deep into ship customization options, not sure clan emblems are on the list yet though, don't think they trust us not to put inappropriate content on their balloons.

Offline Richard P

• Salutes: 3
    • [PLRS]
    • View Profile
    • Fleet of Sodom blog
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2013, 07:03:12 pm »
don't think they trust us not to put inappropriate content on their balloons.
I was just comparing it with putting this inappropriate content on our backs.
Of course if we would upload clan emblems ourselves, it might be a problem, but there are still not too much clans, and if every clan just send their emblem to muse, and muse will decide, if this emblems are good or not, everything will be alright. Well, I guess it wil...

Offline Ofiach

• [FALC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2013, 08:30:09 pm »
Richard, It's a single jacket item..... Seriously A single item, ok 2 since there has to be a female version. IIRC every class can wear the dustrider jacket, It's the exact same concept but with a clan logo on the back.

Offline RaptorSystems

• Salutes: 6
    • [BFS]
    • View Profile
    • Fab Lab Adelaide
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2013, 08:26:23 am »
How about putting clan tags on the ship balloons, maybe with a bump map?