Author Topic: Swivel gun generic MKII concept  (Read 5489 times)

Offline Daft Loon

• Salutes: 47
    • [◕_◕]
    • View Profile
Swivel gun generic MKII concept
« on: May 10, 2017, 05:19:34 am »
Almost any light gun with the following tweaks:

-Reload time roughly doubled
-Arcs changed to those of the flare gun
-Turn speed doubled where not then excessive
-Clip size reduced on guns with high impact per clip, gatling, mortar etc

The main use for these guns would be similar to that of the flare guns some players put on the sides of their pyramidions, to get some firepower out of otherwise underused gun-slots/ crew members.

An in-game warning would be needed to deter clueless players from putting these in the main gun slots of their ships.

Offline SteamBrains

• Salutes: 6
    • [ALTO]
    • View Profile
Re: Swivel gun generic MKII concept
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 01:38:29 pm »
This is an interesting idea. I do like the idea of having some mkII guns with some arc changes. The conflict I see is that all of the guns in goi are (for the most part) balanced. They all have distinct strengths and weaknesses. They can all be combined in different ways and compliment each other. Having a new category of mkII weapons that are just straight up enderpowered seems a bit off. Example, the mkII flak is stronger with the clip reductions and such. This gun is different but not bad. It makes for a great gun but a bit less forgiving if your gunner is struggling. I think if light mkII weapons are pursued I think a good blend of new stat changes that compliment the weapon would be the best course of action. The other conflict is that the idea for these guns only suit 1 purpose, which is to be a throw away weapon. Which is fine and all, but if it can in no way compete with being a main gun then it's questionable why it would be balanced as such. This is a bit weird when harpoon and flare are brought into the light because they have questionable use as a main gun, but that's just their thing. I do look foraward to some new ideas for mkII guns though! Seems like some great ideas will be coming out of it

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 04:58:09 pm »
Burst fire gat might see a lot of use in this form. I would go with only increasing side arcs to 80, though, and leave vert similar to the original.

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2017, 05:16:57 pm »
Maybe a shot-gat of some kind?

Slow fired clouds of weak gatling bullets?

Offline SirNotlag

• Salutes: 17
    • [Bj&H]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2017, 07:03:55 pm »
Yeah i think a gun with really good arcs but low armour could be good for the game, just make it another noob gun that deals piercing and fletchette damage so it does something no matter where you hit. cant really do anything on its own but with great arcs it can be used to help other guns.