Author Topic: Disable mine friendly fire for team mates  (Read 7515 times)

Offline Narayan

• Salutes: 10
    • [◣﹏◢]
    • View Profile
Disable mine friendly fire for team mates
« on: April 30, 2017, 05:28:54 pm »
I was just killed by an ally who was intentionally trolling me with mines, trying to kill me. If you arent going to put in a punishment for that kinda of behavior, besides i assume some kind of slap on the wrist, then please disable that particular method of trolling.

Offline Solidusbucket

• Salutes: 93
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
Re: Disable mine friendly fire for team mates
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2017, 05:43:29 pm »
I was just killed by an ally who was intentionally trolling me with mines, trying to kill me. If you arent going to put in a punishment for that kinda of behavior, besides i assume some kind of slap on the wrist, then please disable that particular method of trolling.

I would actually be okay with them reducing it to only knockback effects. I know it can still troll but I feel some sort of punishment is needed for stray mines.

I think this goes into the high risk high reward thing though and it might make it semi-inbalanced to not do damage. Very often in every level of gameplay from casual to competetive does an ally mine connect with their teamate - despite the lack of purposeful intention.

I feel in this case that the real problem is trolling and not the mines themselves.

Which brings up your point about punishments.

You can mine an ally to death and it will count as "A Harsh World" death.

There should be punishment for shooting teamates or at least some kind of something.

But again, a troll will troll and a punishment for shooting teamates cannot be too harsh when literally the only weapon that actually does something is the mines.

Would it be fair if mines did not do damage or knockback to teamates? I really don't think so. I can't think of a valid solution to this problem except for maybe introducing the ability to replay games in order to better utilize the report system.

Why don't we have a replay system?

Offline Sparkle Dust

• Salutes: 4
    • [TGGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2017, 07:25:46 pm »
Yes, do let me know when muse actually starts concerning itself with the people who intentionally fuck up the game for others.

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2017, 03:36:35 am »
So, you want to remove our only real way to punish teammate for being a total moron.

No. Die in a fiery pit.

Offline KeijoPertti

• Salutes: 8
    • [소시]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2017, 04:32:22 am »
Yes, do let me know when muse actually starts concerning itself with the people who intentionally fuck up the game for others.

This is funny coming from you.

Offline GurasOguras

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 30
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2017, 05:32:43 am »
Just report the troll. Why because of one f*cker should we change one of the best mechanics in the game?

No.

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2017, 06:01:58 am »
Just report the troll.

Reporting Narayan? With pleasure.

Offline Ayetach

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 77
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2017, 06:43:41 am »
Alright folks, all of you know how to properly report players and contact us about misconduct in-game. We also have the abuse@musegames.com email if you want to elaborate further on any issues. That said, we will investigate the matter.

In the mean time this thread will be locked as it has run its course, please bear in mind our code of conduct applies here too so lets be a bit more respectful of one another while having discussions.