Author Topic: Free roam game modes  (Read 6245 times)

Offline Zethry

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
Free roam game modes
« on: April 29, 2017, 01:23:36 am »
I really enjoy the co-op modes and would love to see a a free roam game mode or two. It could be a survival based mode with your friends or build up your clans fortress to build and repair airships. it could open up to allow more then 4 people on one ship, or on a base where they work to defend , repair, upgrade, and replenish ammo for it and your ship(s). maybe building up your clan base would allow for your clan to gather more resources for your clans faction.

Offline GurasOguras

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 30
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
Re: Free roam game modes
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2017, 06:17:22 am »
We only got what we funded during kickstarter campaign.

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2017, 10:32:55 am »
After reading through the kickstarter (I was not involved in it), it looks like we got what was funded, plus a bit more. Especially on the PvP side, since no new PvP modes, ships, or guns were part of the Kickstarter. The entire world map thing was not funded either, yet we have it. ttps://www.kickstarter.com/projects/musegames/guns-of-icarus-onlineadventure-mode

As far as free roam and the other requests, that is basically an entirely new game. I don't see it as a feasible thing to include in the existing title.

Offline Solidusbucket

• Salutes: 93
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2017, 11:00:50 am »
This might be what you are looking for:

https://www.worldsadrift.com/

Offline Zethry

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2017, 12:48:37 am »
that looks really cool thank you! i did not have information about the kickstarter, but that sounds fair enough.

Offline Solidusbucket

• Salutes: 93
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2017, 03:01:40 am »
that looks really cool thank you! i did not have information about the kickstarter, but that sounds fair enough.

Yea, no problem. That game seems more exploratory / free roam. One of their selling points is no XP and no grinding. Simply explore, collect, create.

Come back to this game if you want something more structured - especially for pvp.

Incomming advertisement: Check out Sunday Community Skirmish if you ever are interested in competetive PVP for Guns of Icarus. You can find some information here: https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,8387.0.html