Author Topic: Even more aesthetic and gameplay suggestions  (Read 4791 times)

Offline Redorio diVario

• Salutes: 8
    • View Profile
Even more aesthetic and gameplay suggestions
« on: May 11, 2013, 06:58:33 pm »
Continuing my list of suggestions for the game I started in this topic I present you another portion of things that IMHO need to be changed or could make the game better. Say what you think of it and then maybe it could send it to Muse.

5. Camera shake or blur when hit
(I'm running on medium graphic setting so if something like this already exists but requires higher setting then sorry ^^')
I think it would add more tense to the battle if every time you get hit (especially by a powerful gun) the whole ship (or just the camera) shakes a bit or camera gets blurred for a second when the explosion is near the player. How much it shakes can depend on the amount of damage you get like each Whirling gun bullet won't shake your camera but a Typhon Cannon would definitely make it shake.

6. Bullet whiz when they dart near you
I remember this from one of the old trailers and I think it was quite cool. Why was it removed? It could be implemented at least for guns with high muzzle speed.

7. Being able to disable the "old movie" post processing effect
Am I the only one who doesn't like the new old movie filter? I liked the old post processing effect (even thought recently I had to turn it off due to low FPS) but IMHO this is to much. I don't know why it should resemble an old movie since this isn't even our world, we are not watching a camera recording and my character doesn't have a camera in his googles xD.

8. Destroyed ship parts that don't spin like mad
Whenever a ship is destroyed all the parts start to spin like they get their own torque. But sometimes it look ridiculous. IMHO it would look better if the parts didn't spin so fast like they do now.

9. Destroyed ship parts that fall to the ground
I noticed that the parts of destroyed ship disappear 3 seconds after the ship explodes. Why won't they fall to the ground? I hope it's not a problem.

10. Player holds the item in hand after the match ends
When the score table is displayed we can still see the item the character was currently holding.

11. After ship respawns the pilot's active skill is the same as when he died
It's irritating because the skill should be set to default after you spawn. Usually you notice that when your old skill is still on after something on your ship gets suddenly destroyed after the respawn. Like when dying while having hydrogen activated makes it also active after respawn and destroys the balloon.

12. Separate the title from the nickname in the score board
Why the title is the same size and font as the nickname? Usually it's hard to fast distinguish when does the title ends and the nickname starts. Some short of difference between them would be useful.

13. Alternative fire in key bindings?
Why Mouse1 is called Alternative fire when none of the guns have alternative fire modes? Some have only zoom. Maybe it should be called "Zoom" instead.

14. Unable to go to options from lobby
I know it has been mentioned a lot of times but come on. This is bloody needed.

15. Decreasing points in Capture Points mode.
Currently in CP mode both teams start with 0 points and have to gain them by taking points. The problem is that during the game I haven't found a way to see what's the required number of points to win? If it was the other way round and started from the limit and decreased then everyone would know that the game would end when the first team reached zero.

16. Bookmarks for chat window
Why not add bookmarks for chat windows to separate Regional from Team and Crew? Currently it's a global mess and it will be even worse when more players will start playing it. Maybe something like this:

17. Same hats for ladies and gentlemen
I think both genders would look good in all hats. And the ladies tricorn is just the best D:.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 07:07:20 pm by Redorio diVario »

Offline JaegerDelta

• Salutes: 16
    • [2620]
    • View Profile
Re: Even more aesthetic and gameplay suggestions
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 08:50:32 pm »
turn off post processing effects to disable the filter

Offline Redorio diVario

• Salutes: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 06:11:18 am »
Well thanks for nothing. You evidently have only read the headlines because I've clearly wrote that I had disabled the post processing effects.

What am I saying is that I would like the old post processing effects that were before version 1.2 that only make the screen bit dirty but without the old movie effect.

Offline Errodu

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 12:56:44 pm »
"Alternate Fire" is basically just jargon for some FPS companies to call the zoom button a zoom button. It also frees up the possibility for later developments of the game in case they want to include weapons with actual alternative fire.

It's a nitpick, but not too big of a deal :P

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2013, 01:12:40 pm »
On the subject of alternate fire, I still think it would be great if right-clicking with the harpoon made it reel in, instead of it happening automatically. It's not like the harpoon needs any zoom.