Author Topic: Real life GoIo items  (Read 32063 times)

Offline Ofiach

• Salutes: 25
    • [FALC]
    • View Profile
Real life GoIo items
« on: May 08, 2013, 04:12:54 am »
I did a search and didn't find a topic on this so if there is one, my mistake.

On to the topic at hand, why are the "Swag"(I use the term with much pain in my heart) items so limited for GoI. There are T-Shirts, Posters, iphone cases, USB drives, and a Cloth map. I only know about these because on the kickstarter page I can add $30 bucks for what I want. I don't see a "store" link or anything like that on the main GoIo page.

I understand the selection of stuff isn't terrible but what about more!
-something as simple as a gear with the GoI logo etched into it. I still have my GOW cog sitting on my gaming center :D
-T-shirt's with sayings from the game on them, or even faction T-shirts.
-Moar posters! different posters with concept art, the different ships, or faction logos on them. I would personally love a "blueprint" poster of a squid to hang on my gaming wall.
-An "I'd rather be driving my airship" bumper sticker! :P

I want to see if other people can come up with other ideas that are relatively cheap to produce and could also be used as a sort of advertisement. How many times have you seen a game or website on a T-shirt and then gone home and looked it up? This also helps GoI raise money for the game because you're getting a piece of gear to wear around or show off to friends.

Maybe I'm being a little unrealistic but I know a few bars/restaurants around where I live do alot of good business in T-shirts and little collectibles like shot glasses and beer mugs.

Offline Shukketsushi

• Salutes: 50
    • [МSF]
    • View Profile
Re: Real life GoIo items
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 07:51:31 am »

Offline Dragmyre

• Salutes: 8
    • [CsM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 09:30:12 am »
-An "I'd rather be driving my airship" bumper sticker!

Yes.  Double points for Airship choice.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2013, 10:49:51 am »
There used to be a store:

http://http://gunsoficarus.com/store/

The link now says "forbidden" so it sill exists, but Muse has probably disabled it. I suspect they are swamped with kick-started fulfillment and don't want to deal with filling online orders right now. My personal wish for GOI Merchandise  is a metal badge with the wings/cogwheel/propeller logo on the front page. I also would fancy a bumper sticker that says "My other car is a Pyramidion" with the silhouette of the ship after the words.

Offline AWildGodzilla

• Salutes: 3
    • View Profile
    • My Stream Site on ocassions.
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2013, 06:20:53 pm »
I did a search and didn't find a topic on this so if there is one, my mistake.

On to the topic at hand, why are the "Swag"(I use the term with much pain in my heart) items so limited for GoI. There are T-Shirts, Posters, iphone cases, USB drives, and a Cloth map. I only know about these because on the kickstarter page I can add $30 bucks for what I want. I don't see a "store" link or anything like that on the main GoIo page.

I understand the selection of stuff isn't terrible but what about more!
-something as simple as a gear with the GoI logo etched into it. I still have my GOW cog sitting on my gaming center :D
-T-shirt's with sayings from the game on them, or even faction T-shirts.
-Moar posters! different posters with concept art, the different ships, or faction logos on them. I would personally love a "blueprint" poster of a squid to hang on my gaming wall.
-An "I'd rather be driving my airship" bumper sticker! :P

I want to see if other people can come up with other ideas that are relatively cheap to produce and could also be used as a sort of advertisement. How many times have you seen a game or website on a T-shirt and then gone home and looked it up? This also helps GoI raise money for the game because you're getting a piece of gear to wear around or show off to friends.

Maybe I'm being a little unrealistic but I know a few bars/restaurants around where I live do alot of good business in T-shirts and little collectibles like shot glasses and beer mugs.
Id rather be playing godzilla in a squid. LMFAO... *points to ofiach* that should be ur bumper sticker. :P

Offline Ofiach

• [FALC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2013, 07:47:06 pm »
@ Hamster I like that Idea, like pilot wings but for airship pilots, that is freakin awesome!

Also the variety on the bumperstickers would be awesome, I personally don't know how much making them costs though >.>

@ GORZIRRA!!!!! Don't be mad because I won't let you shoot a lumberjack EVERY game! :P

@ Shukketsushi I just had an idea for a GoI tap to put on top of my kegerator, the beermug comment made me think of a GoI inspired man cave. Unfortunately most of those ideas are ridiculously expensive.

Offline The Churrosaur

• Salutes: 12
    • [CsM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2013, 02:42:23 am »
It's a wild fancy, but... model airships would be pretty awesome.

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2013, 01:51:23 am »
Items with spire puns on them, and a bumper  sticker that says "Property of the Burning Saloon."

Offline Lord Dick Tim

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 119
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2013, 02:17:53 am »
I think it has to do with something I vaguely remember hearing or reading, that their office space is essentially the destination of all merchandise before it steps off for you.  As stated earlier, they likely disabled the store to maximize room so they'll still have some place for Jess to make tea without burning the building down.

Offline Ofiach

• [FALC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2013, 03:04:05 am »
Has Jess not seen how Captain Picard makes Tea?!!?! he didn't burn anything down! EVER! :P

Offline Sgt. Spoon

• Salutes: 112
    • [Keno]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2013, 02:17:40 pm »
Plushies anyone? I'm not even kidding, I would love a junker plushie

Offline Redorio diVario

• Salutes: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2013, 03:00:12 pm »
I would prefer a plushie Phoenix claw xD. I still remember it from old trailer xD.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2014, 05:14:06 pm »
well considering I hate creating topics that already exist I guess I'll be posting here.

Might not be official Muse stuff.

But I'd want the following fan made shirts/posters.

1. Muse from school idol love live dressed up as a crew from Guns. And their player icons are named after muse members.
2. seagulls from finding nemo fighting over a mine.
3. guns player dreaming of boarding action.

as for official stuff.

1. decal stickers of the in-game decals.
2. figure head busts
3. IRL versions of in-game badges.
4. ship in a bottle of the actual ships which players have to build to fit to their personal designs (so naturally lotsa spare parts.) That or just generic models that needs to be built by person who bought it. the kind you have to custom paint it.
5. those stick on tatoos of the scars you get in-game.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 05:16:21 pm by Ceresbane »

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2014, 09:29:08 am »
I would love a model Goldie or Pyra!  I can imagine it hanging from my ceiling now...

Bumper stickers and T-shirts are awesome.

Tee ideas:
Pic of Galleon mid Hwacha broadside with a Goldfish flying towards the storm
Master Engineer Elite shirt
Picture of HF/Hwacha/LJ/HC and under it 'Hey baby, wanna see my Guns?'  On the back would be the Icarus wings with the bullet prop.
Shirt with some kind of Spire pun, maybe even a reference to Freud
Staring down the bow of a Blenderfish

Offline Moike

• Salutes: 4
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2014, 10:16:50 am »
Moonshine distilled in Muse's basement?

On a serious note I would 100% buy GoIO beer mugs :D
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 10:19:05 am by Moike »