Author Topic: Alliance idea  (Read 11597 times)

Offline moesan

• Salutes: 0
    • [CURE]
    • View Profile
Alliance idea
« on: April 05, 2017, 09:44:25 am »
What do you think......

Add an option in PvE custom lobby that allows one player to be able to join mid game as 'enemy'.

If the option is enabled, the player who wants to be the enemy has to pay a large amount of coins before joining.

After joining the game, the player will have an option to choose to be a normal size AI ship or a group of small planes, with limited lives, probably fly in third person view.

The player-controlled AI ship can be identified by other players' spyglasses.

If the player managed to stop the other people from winning the game, he will gain a much better war effort to his faction.

If the player did not success and run out of lives, other players will gain some extra amount of war effort and share all the coins from the enemy player after winning the game.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 09:47:17 am by moesan »

Offline Thalassa

• Salutes: 1
    • [◥ɸ◤]
    • View Profile
Re: Alliance idea
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 06:22:44 am »
Not exactly like that, but I fell Alliance misses something like faction skirmishes

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 07:32:29 am »
Not exactly like that, but I fell Alliance misses something like faction skirmishes

Or better, have "invasions" of player teams during missions against their factions.

That would actually be awesome even if not in the slightest balanced.

Offline Thalassa

• [◥ɸ◤]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 09:06:41 am »

Or better, have "invasions" of player teams during missions against their factions.

Yeah, something like that. And then let other ships may fly in as reinformements.

Or that if I'm playing Assault with mi friends in Normal difficulty, and you play Defense in Normal, we have a chance to "fusion" or matches. i.e.: my ship appears in your game and we can attack you (maybe limited to 1 life?).

I'm quite sure that the devs have something like this on their roadmap. I't feels like the natural continuation to Alliance

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2017, 10:22:20 am »
Or that if I'm playing Assault with mi friends in Normal difficulty, and you play Defense in Normal, we have a chance to "fusion" or matches. i.e.: my ship appears in your game and we can attack you (maybe limited to 1 life?).

No, I thought more like situation in which a group of players search for certain types of matches and are asked if they are interested in invading certain game against their faction foes as in the current moment. That fusion would be rather dumb.

I'm quite sure that the devs have something like this on their roadmap. I't feels like the natural continuation to Alliance

Knowing Muse I am sure they don't.

Offline Huskarr

• Salutes: 29
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2017, 11:34:55 am »

Yeah, something like that. And then let other ships may fly in as reinformements.

Since the ships and some of the weapons will be ported to Skirmish why not just play Skirmish at that point?

Offline Psi Crow

• Salutes: 6
    • [SMGS]
    • View Profile
    • germanspeaking GoI community on Steam
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2017, 12:38:27 pm »
while I do like the theory of versus features in Alliance modes, I absolutely do not like the idea of sabotaging the success of others.
Technically I could search the match list for a primarily Mercantile match, join it and not repair, break guns with lochnagar, chemspray to delay cooldown, break prebuffs with other bufftool and basically ruin everyone's fun.
That's just an idea that suddenly popped up in my head when I was reading the above and I just hope nobody else gets it and is asshole and extreme enough to actually pull it off.

Offline Huskarr

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2017, 12:41:49 pm »
I've honestly had the idea, but such giant arseholery should get reported and is unsportsmanship like.

Offline Thalassa

• [◥ɸ◤]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2017, 12:50:27 pm »
Oh, its not about sabotaging. Its more about engaging.

Say, I'm deffending Blackcliff, and you are attacking. Why should it turn into a skirmish match (like they say above) but with additional AI ships on both sides? So it feels like a big and rewarding battle.

Offline Huskarr

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2017, 12:56:30 pm »
The Irony of the example is that skirmish has a map called Blackcliff

Offline Solidusbucket

• Salutes: 93
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2017, 01:11:55 pm »
Id be happy to see the missions give bonuses to their associated skirmish map. This is something realistic and i think muse should put some emphasis on skirmish / alliance interplay.

Offline GurasOguras

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 30
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2017, 06:29:44 pm »
Oh, its not about sabotaging. Its more about engaging.

Say, I'm deffending Blackcliff, and you are attacking. Why should it turn into a skirmish match (like they say above) but with additional AI ships on both sides? So it feels like a big and rewarding battle.

It only sounds good on paper. You are gonna fight through all the human players just to get f*cked up by a single Axil/Corvette/Collector. I played over 1,2k hours in this game and not a single pvp match was as challenging as fighting this overpowered AI on higher difficulties. This is not a titanfall where you are the overpowered pilot and the AI grunt soldiers are just an addition. In Alliance ships can actually kill you. And it's your job to outperform them. PvP itself is challenging and I don't want to care more about trying not to die due to broken balance ai than the actual players

Offline Psi Crow

• Salutes: 6
    • [SMGS]
    • View Profile
    • germanspeaking GoI community on Steam
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2017, 07:28:08 pm »
Id be happy to see the missions give bonuses to their associated skirmish map. This is something realistic and i think muse should put some emphasis on skirmish / alliance interplay.
that.

Another thing popping up in my head:
I also imagine some sort of gamemode where you play Alliance against each other (2v2 maybe) but can't fight directly. More like your skill and performance in certain tasks and missions determines how many AIenemies (like a sort of minion) spawn that will try to prevent the other team from completing their tasks.
I don't know whether and how this could be realized in a balanced way without "endless combos" (fail once and there is no chance for comeback), the possibility to see how and what the opposing team is doing, but not being able to interact (if ramming is forbidden there must be physical separation, but that hinders visual feedback. or ramming could be allowed. AI enemies maybe will need teamcolors) .....

I only have a very vague idea and I guess it would be complicated to make and maybe to play, but I also think that it could be fun ^^

Offline Thalassa

• [◥ɸ◤]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2017, 02:57:41 am »
+1