Author Topic: Does the Flamethrower benefit from incendiary-round's AoE buff?  (Read 14372 times)

Offline Thalassa

• Salutes: 1
    • [◥ɸ◤]
    • View Profile
I know that the Flamethrower is a partcule gun and therefore has an AoE radius of 0m. But does that mean that it has no AoE damage component at all? I can think of two scenarios, but don't know which does actually apply when using incendiary rounds (which add 0.2 fire stack probability to direct hits and AoE hits):

1. A fire particle hits a component. It applies its direct damange and direct hit fire probability (0.22 + 0.2)
2. A fire particle hits a component. It applies its direct damage and direct hit fire probability (0.22+0.2) plus AoE fire probability (0 + 0.2).

Thank you
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 04:33:33 am by Thalassa »

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Does the Flamethrower benefit from incendiary-round's AoE buff?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2017, 07:26:16 am »
It has no AoE damage and is only affected by primary damage effects. Burst radius modifiers change its projectile size

Offline Thalassa

• [◥ɸ◤]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2017, 07:42:10 am »
It has no AoE damage and is only affected by primary damage effects. Burst radius modifiers change its projectile size

I don't get it. Burst ammo should have no effect on the size of the AoE burst radius at all, as it is a percentile increase of zero, which yields zero.

Does that, however, mean that addin incendiary rounds to the flamethrower increases the fire chance from 0.22 to 0.66?
That is, from 0.22 (0.22 from direct hit) to 0.66 (0.22 direct hit + 0.2 incendiary hit + 0.2 incendiary aoe hit).

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2017, 07:56:15 am »
Incendiary only applies to the direct hit. Burst has no effect on the flame AoE size, but the devs confirmed that it increases the particle size - effectively increasing its radius. Flame is the only gun that works this way

Offline Thalassa

• [◥ɸ◤]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2017, 08:09:10 am »
Incendiary only applies to the direct hit. Burst has no effect on the flame AoE size, but the devs confirmed that it increases the particle size - effectively increasing its radius. Flame is the only gun that works this way

Ahh! Now I get it.
Thank you very much!

Offline Psi Crow

• Salutes: 6
    • [SMGS]
    • View Profile
    • germanspeaking GoI community on Steam
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2017, 12:02:08 pm »
Does that, however, mean that addin incendiary rounds to the flamethrower increases the fire chance from 0.22 to 0.66?
That is, from 0.22 (0.22 from direct hit) to 0.66 (0.22 direct hit + 0.2 incendiary hit + 0.2 incendiary aoe hit).
I don't think this is how probablity works, but I don't know how it's coded exactly, so you could have been right. :)