Author Topic: Listing Alliance as singleplayer a bit dishonest?  (Read 11693 times)

Offline Daft Loon

• Salutes: 47
    • [◕_◕]
    • View Profile
Listing Alliance as singleplayer a bit dishonest?
« on: April 01, 2017, 04:45:54 am »
Alliance is marked as both singleplayer and multiplayer on steam

Sure you can technically play a match all by yourself but with the AI crew still being limited by design to being worse than the majority of players its seems a bit of a stretch.

Offline Solidusbucket

• Salutes: 93
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
Re: Listing Alliance as singleplayer a bit dishonest?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2017, 01:19:09 pm »
Alliance is marked as both singleplayer and multiplayer on steam

Sure you can technically play a match all by yourself but with the AI crew still being limited by design to being worse than the majority of players its seems a bit of a stretch.

Well, that but more so that two of the Co-op game modes are unavailable for single player and pvp is impossible to do single player. PVP could be fixed by simply letting us do bot deathmatch as one ship and let us choose what and how many enemy A.I ships to fight.

Offline Montessoir

• Salutes: 1
    • [ALTO]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2017, 04:46:42 pm »
Solidus, I would LOVE ❤️ to be able to fight AI ships in practice mode. Alliance minions, boss, and pvp ships would be great! It would be the best way to do some no pressure testing.

Offline Solidusbucket

• [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2017, 04:49:59 pm »
I actually just sent an email regarding this. Another huge point about the singleplayer bit is the requirement to be online. I often times search for single player games when I know I will be away from internet for a bit. I play my games on a laptop. If I bought this thinking I could play offline (because single player tag) I would be pretty pissed.

Offline Solidusbucket

• [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2017, 04:51:57 pm »
Solidus, I would LOVE ❤️ to be able to fight AI ships in practice mode. Alliance minions, boss, and pvp ships would be great! It would be the best way to do some no pressure testing.

This would also add a "sandbox" element to the game. Not much, but its better than nothing. Especially true if you had the option of picking what the enemy's loadouts were.

You could add in alliance ships, boss ships, player ships, and equip them with everything. Be very fun if you could put a chalodan boss ship and equip it with baronite guns or something.

Offline Montessoir

• Salutes: 1
    • [ALTO]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2017, 05:44:09 pm »
think of the possibilities for custom games as well! I don't know how in depth one could go with this but let's say you could set the AI ships to either patrol, be aggressive but still, or be passive but still. On a map like paritan rumble we could set up enemy ships on either side (those two lanes if you know what I mean) and have like a DPS race. The first one to get the finish line and kill all their enemies or something...idk but it sounds like this tool could have a lot of re-playability.

Offline Psi Crow

• Salutes: 6
    • [SMGS]
    • View Profile
    • germanspeaking GoI community on Steam
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2017, 07:19:10 pm »
On a map like paritan rumble we could set up enemy ships on either side (those two lanes if you know what I mean) and have like a DPS race. The first one to get the finish line and kill all their enemies or something...idk but it sounds like this tool could have a lot of re-playability.
like a competitive Defense? Sounds cool!

Imagine a powerful levelgenerator whith spawnpoints, routes, behavior, goals, cargo, specific waves, timers, events, etc etc so creative minds can create special challenges and share them on the workshop.
I'm not sure if we really need this, but I would play it :)

Offline Solidusbucket

• [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2017, 08:07:01 pm »
So what your saying is the devs should go install DCS world and look at the map editor.

Maybe arma. I think arma has a similar editor as dcs world.

Offline Guagadu

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 16
    • [Grim]
    • View Profile
    • Guagadu: Twitch
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2017, 08:53:12 am »
After a couple of the steam reviews mentioned this, the single player tag has been removed from the game.