Author Topic: dev plan?  (Read 15075 times)

Offline SirSynx

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
dev plan?
« on: April 01, 2017, 12:50:37 am »
Is there an open development plan for this game? Fractured Space kind of spoiled me for none AAA studios being open with the dev plan so I was wondering if the was something similar for GoIA?

Offline Solidusbucket

• Salutes: 93
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
Re: dev plan?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2017, 02:11:13 am »
There is a "Community Event" that is called the "Fireside Chat". You can locate it by going to the top of the scren in-game, clicking "Community", then "Events".

They talk to players live and discuss what will be happening.

Furthermore, Muse has been open about what changes are happening and what their overall plan is. Their website features a section every week which tells us what the team is working on. However, I understand your concern and efforts should be made by us, the community, to get Muse to be as open as possible and keep us posted on what is happening on their side.

If you have questions you can always ask them and they will respond. They have an email for these questions: Feedback@musegames.com

I am always in contact with them - epsecially now since I became an organizer for one of the Community Events. They are a very friendly staff.

Offline Daft Loon

• Salutes: 47
    • [◕_◕]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2017, 02:47:11 am »
The currently stated development objectives that I'm aware of:

-Finishing the last 2 factions for alliance mode (Yesha Empire and Arashi League)
-Testing to see which alliance mode ships and guns might be both fun and balanced for inclusion in the PvP part of the game
-Making MkII versions of more existing guns (second versions of the guns with slightly different stats and appearance as seen in the current 2 versions of the heavy flak)
-Bug fixing and balance changes will inevitably happen

I'm not sure if they have outlined much beyond that as far as long term plans go.

Offline SirSynx

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2017, 02:18:34 pm »
That's really cool guys, thanks for letting me know about the fireside chat and what's been going on so far :) I have so many games to keep track of it's so hard to find information on everything :/

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2017, 07:39:08 pm »
Also devs are planning to release PS4 version of GOIO with crossplay *shudders*

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2017, 09:50:26 pm »
Also devs are planning to release PS4 version of GOIO with crossplay *shudders*

Does the ps4 even have the buttons to do everything?

On my xbox controller I use stamina with my face while I aim.

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2017, 06:53:00 pm »
Well devs claim that everything is fine and you can play perfectly fine on the controler. Ask them.

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2017, 07:19:03 pm »
Well devs claim that everything is fine and you can play perfectly fine on the controler. Ask them.

They also claim that matchmaker worked fine this entire time.
And that implementation of kick vote is not necessary.

I am waiting for them to tell us that communism works, which I wouldn't be surprised, remembering that I believe Queso had a photo with USSR flag somewhere lingering in the depth of the forum back in the day.

For those untrained in the fine art of sarcasm: the above statements were one; none of the above statements are true nor express my opinions... directly.

Offline SirNotlag

• Salutes: 17
    • [Bj&H]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2017, 10:41:40 am »

I am waiting for them to tell us that communism works, which I wouldn't be surprised, remembering that I believe Queso had a photo with USSR flag somewhere lingering in the depth of the forum back in the day.

For those untrained in the fine art of sarcasm: the above statements were one; none of the above statements are true nor express my opinions... directly.

Kick vote is not necessary and is more likely to be abused than anything. I've been with too many captains that do not like me cause I'm too low level or wont let my friends on their ship because they are low level as well.  As soon as those comments come out we usual go to our own ship preferably on the other team and take immense satisfaction grinding the nay sayer into the dirt.

It does not happen to me anymore as level 20 seems to be respectable but people still try and separate me from my friends due to the level difference. So i have enough of a hard time dealing with constant elitists i do not want them to have any form of tool the D*bags can use.

Offline Dementio

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2017, 12:18:34 pm »
I must compliment Muse on not giving players the ability to remove other players from the game and sticking to this decision for ever since Guns of Icarus was in developement.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2017, 01:26:50 pm »

Kick vote is not necessary and is more likely to be abused than anything. I've been with too many captains that do not like me cause I'm too low level or wont let my friends on their ship because they are low level as well.  As soon as those comments come out we usual go to our own ship preferably on the other team and take immense satisfaction grinding the nay sayer into the dirt.

It does not happen to me anymore as level 20 seems to be respectable but people still try and separate me from my friends due to the level difference. So i have enough of a hard time dealing with constant elitists i do not want them to have any form of tool the D*bags can use.

If your average low level makes no active moves to learn how to play, how do you think veterans doing rando runs would treat you?

I'm personally on a sabbatical from the game I'm sick of the crap I get for simply telling people about basic mechanics and not seeing it applied in the slightest while I get pounded by vet ships (because MM is balanced guys). Its the general, you personally play your utter best. But lose because your allies don't. Worst feeling to experience and no sane person wants to walk into that situation willingly (even you).

But yes, after you go beyond the noob threshold and and "graduate" by starting to play at 30s+ (I have very low standards for human intelligence, since the standard is 20+ for others). Thats when your rep does the talking. Because thats when us vets think to ourselves okay time to not play like an unpaid muse intern and actually play for real.

The general consensus is... if you're good at the game or learn the game fast, you should level up fast (tho I'm of the persuasion that thinks you level too fast even while constantly losing) from your ridiculous string of victories. If you're still struggling and losing then clearly you're not ready to play the real game.

Offline SirNotlag

• Salutes: 17
    • [Bj&H]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2017, 09:16:49 pm »
The issue i found is that the veterans are way too bitter. I am certain they would be the worst abusers of vote kicking and would stop new players from coming in and kill the game.

I don't find most people are unwilling to learn i feel most bittervets are unwilling or unable to teach, When you call someone a dumbass for not repairing the balloon chances are they will say "fuck you asshole" and let the ship crash because they are gona get more satisfaction from pissing off a jerk than winning, I know i did and still do.
 I have very rarely had problems with crew on my ship because i give a simple brief on what i want them to do everytime a match starts ("alright gunner gets the front gun, 2 bottom guns and is responsible for the main engine both engineers you stay up top keeping things tip top and taking shots with the side guns when you get a chance. If we arent taking damage and theres an enemy nearby one of you jump on front gun so we can have 3 guns bringing on the hate for quick kills. ANY QUESTIONS ME LADS?.") takes like 30 seconds its not a big deal and vastly improves people performance and co-operation. I'm also not a meta seeking tryhard so if people want to be a gunner or bring weird ammo types i let them. I will explain why i want certain types of ammo from a gunner "burst actually does more damage on a hwatcha than charged because 24 missiles deal far more damage than 16 doing 30% more" but i wont rage if they want to put incendiary on it.

Thats not to say i dont get bad players, trolls seem to be part of online gaming and some people are still learning, even at later levels. But you just have to take it in stride, its only one match you have to deal with the dude if its a troll then you can leave. Once had a little boy on my ship must have been real young judging by his voice, my God he was a terrible crew man, but he was trying, and i spent all night playing with him (that sounds so wrong) and trying to tutor him. Poor little fella sounded like he was afraid he was gonna get whipped when he screwed up and fell off the ship. Anyway even though he was a severe handicap to my games i had a lot of fun playing with him.

So many high level captains spewed absolute filth at us just because we were a ship crewed by 5s and refused to even be on our team. then the match would start and we would win in a 1 vs 3 fight (not even kidding). I know this is because team work is much more powerful than individual skill. A crew of 4 people in a skype call will outmatch a bunch of individuals by far, which is how we did so well. Still i dont appreciate how both before a match we would have nothing but insults because of our levels, and after we would get nothing but insults because of sore losers (both ways even as good as me and the lads are we cant win them all and every time we lost one of the allied captains would always give an exasperated sigh and "OH of course we lost, look at that ship full of *****.")

Anyway No real point to my stories other than i have fun in this game by making a crew work like a well oiled machine and part of a team not by winning, and vote kicking would have not even let me play this game because as soon as we joined a lobby i bet you the other captains would vote to kick us out either because they dont want low levels for fear we would bring down their K/D ratios, or they cant believe they lost to said low levels (you guys must have cheated and that hwatcha flamer combo is BS!)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 09:18:25 pm by SirNotlag »

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2017, 05:58:53 am »
I don't find most people are unwilling to learn i feel most bittervets are unwilling or unable to teach, When you call someone a dumbass for not repairing the balloon chances are they will say "fuck you asshole" and let the ship crash because they are gona get more satisfaction from pissing off a jerk than winning, I know i did and still do.

This guy doesn't get it.

Many of us have been on this game for years and a good number of us were mentored by the oldest players in the game (with the match count to prove it). And we ourselves have BEEN teaching new players for years and even made a new gen of new vets (with varying levels of success since many have the common sense to not deal with the bollocks we tend to).

It is far more common to see a person require 7 signals (I counted son) to man the front guns than it is to find someone to do it in one.

You get even less input by simple questions like "what ammo do you currently have?" and "what tools did you bring?" Complete silence is the usual response. Even asking accommodating questions like "what you do want to fly?" gets nothing.

Hell even teaching new players of the basic mechanics of hull break and explosive damage gets us a usual "stfu."

If you find some vets bitter, fine. But don't go around acting like clearly get why and empathise. That being said my definition of vet and your definition of vet is different.

Does the guy have 1k matches (at least)? Does he know the load outs and meta? Does he know the tactics and the map layout?

If the answer is no. Then thats not a vet, even if that person is 45.

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 146
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2017, 01:04:51 pm »
I'm sensing a lot of negativity here people. Let's chill and keep this thread on topic. <3

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2017, 01:06:57 pm »
Drop it Ceresbane. I mean, yeah, this is one of the very rare occasions when I find what you say voiced reasonably, but still - not worth. We've been in such situations countless times, both in terms of facing absolute cunts aboard and explaining on forum we have that and no other attitude.

They don't get it.
They won't get it, until they play as much time as we did, not with the clan, but with total newish randoms. Which more often than not is just painful to say the least.

You speak of tactical prowess, yet fail to see that forum disputes like this are... well. Pointless. *sniff*
It certainly does state something.