Author Topic: Alliance factions  (Read 9201 times)

Offline SirNotlag

• Salutes: 17
    • [Bj&H]
    • View Profile
Alliance factions
« on: March 31, 2017, 11:25:45 pm »
okay so there is 4 different factions each with 2 AI ship types and a unique flagship, but they all feel kinda samey when you fight them. A fast ship with 3 guns that charges you and a bigger ship that sits back and broadsides you with ranged weapons.
Is there any difference between the factions aside from aesthetics? Aside from the flagships their smaller ships all seem to be the same.

Offline Montessoir

• Salutes: 1
    • [ALTO]
    • View Profile
Re: Alliance factions
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2017, 12:13:54 am »
There are differences in speed and armour like the player ships, but I wouldn't know where to find those numbers. Their design does affect their weaknesses a little bit actually. The anglean ships have a lot more armour over their balloons compared to chaladonian ships for example.

Offline Solidusbucket

• Salutes: 93
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2017, 02:15:25 am »
What you are describing in terms of mechanics are essentially a "brawler" ship and a  "support" ship. The flagship is very unique. Every faction's flagship is different.

You aren't wrong that the brawler and support ships are similar, but they do have notable differences in their ability to kill, survive, and maneuver. One big thing to take account of is the location of their components. A big part of this game is disabling an enemy's potential to move/shoot. Take advantage of each faction's component location and capatilize.

Other than that, they do have similar fighting styles.

Offline SirNotlag

• [Bj&H]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2017, 09:43:06 am »
hmm I wonder if they should do more to differentiate them then.

perhaps have some of them occasionally spawn with faction specific weapons like a baronies support ships sometimes get their scatter rockets, mercantile supports  spawning with their light lasers, angelean brawlers getting a light tesla gun, and the cacedonia brawlers getting their gas mortars.

I'm not talking like seeing these often just when your fighting them to keep an eye out for the ships that might have them cause they could be more dangerous.

Offline Solidusbucket

• [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2017, 01:24:41 pm »
hmm I wonder if they should do more to differentiate them then.

perhaps have some of them occasionally spawn with faction specific weapons like a baronies support ships sometimes get their scatter rockets, mercantile supports  spawning with their light lasers, angelean brawlers getting a light tesla gun, and the cacedonia brawlers getting their gas mortars.

I'm not talking like seeing these often just when your fighting them to keep an eye out for the ships that might have them cause they could be more dangerous.

That is a great suggestion I think. Their weapons do seem limited. In fact, I only ever see gatlings shooting at me when - unless its the boss ship. The boss ships seem to be the only ones that have different guns.

I'm fine with their fighting styles being consistent as it makes each faction's experience the same and thus everyone developes the same strategies for playing Alliance. It makes the transition to another faction or PVP mode seamless for everyone.

Offline Naoura

• Salutes: 25
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2017, 02:17:53 pm »
There was talk of a third ship, something like a Mini-boss ship that spawned in with lower hull and armor than the boss, but with a couple of small guided rockets.

Offline SteamBrains

• Salutes: 6
    • [ALTO]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2017, 02:46:39 pm »
The brawlers can have different gun combinations though, ive seen just variations of gat, mortar, artemis, carro, and flamers for the brawlers. The snipers seem to always have hades flak.

Offline SirNotlag

• [Bj&H]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2017, 02:59:17 pm »
The brawlers can have different gun combinations though, ive seen just variations of gat, mortar, artemis, carro, and flamers for the brawlers. The snipers seem to always have hades flak.

I think i have seen some of the snipers with artemis rockets and merc rifles as well.

Offline Solidusbucket

• [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2017, 04:57:12 pm »
Its too much shit going on for me to notice, TBH. Very hectic.