Author Topic: My personal issue with GOIO  (Read 8640 times)

Offline Solidusbucket

• Salutes: 93
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
My personal issue with GOIO
« on: March 29, 2017, 11:41:10 pm »
I checked out the three lobbies. Canyon Ambush was semi balanced. Ashen Scuffle (the one I left) was empty. Paritan Rumble was unbalanced (all based on numbers and what I know of the players). Regardless, I wish there was a way I could conviniently pull all these players into the same lobby. There were a number of not green names that were level 20s and 30s that I would have liked to pull as well to make a decently balanced 3v3 lobby.

Some may not find this an issue because they don't mind playing with lower levels. I personally find playing with those less than level 20 to be too inconsistent for me. It varies from awesome to facepalm too much.

Offline Celine Dijon

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 1
    • [ZLOT]
    • View Profile
Re: My personal issue with GOIO
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2017, 01:09:37 am »
Balancing lobbies is, in my opinion, the #1 thing muse should be looking at right now, as far as player retention goes.

Offline Huskarr

• Salutes: 29
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2017, 08:30:40 am »
simplest solution: Make vet lobbies default for those above level 20 or so and make 3v3 the default lobby size.

Offline SteamBrains

• Salutes: 6
    • [ALTO]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2017, 08:33:29 am »
The main problems with being able to accurately balance, is ship loadouts and player attitudes. I personally have had good experiences with novices and will gladly hop on one of their ship although it gets rough if no communication as we all know. But ship loadouts. That's hard to take into account. A team can be thrown by a bad loadout, or vets may be taking an intentionally bad loadout to semi balance a lobby. So weather the match is balanced or not can't really be take no into account. I can't really see a good way to do this other than to make sure vets keep coming back to assist novices, and all those teachers get out there into those novice matches! I usually have a bunch of fun in them, most of the people there are pretty eager to play.

Offline Solidusbucket

• Salutes: 93
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2017, 08:40:45 am »
simplest solution: Make vet lobbies default for those above level 20 or so and make 3v3 the default lobby size.

Id say raise the novice level to 19. Those lobbies are hidden to non novice IIRC.

Offline Huskarr

• Salutes: 29
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2017, 08:45:56 am »
In the end whether we raise novice to level x or reduce vet to level y, doesn't really matter. I just think that lowering vet level offers the ability for vets to go teaching in normal lobbies if they want to.

Offline Celine Dijon

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 1
    • [ZLOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2017, 04:07:20 pm »
I don't have an issue with the levels, but it would be nice to be able to create a vet lobby regardless of the current numbers - we have out of game ways to get each other to log, and this would allow us to open up games without having to coordinate passwords or worrying about the level 1 captains taking spots