Author Topic: How did you get your hell mode achievement/gas mask?  (Read 13949 times)

Offline Daft Loon

• Salutes: 47
    • [◕_◕]
    • View Profile
How did you get your hell mode achievement/gas mask?
« on: March 09, 2017, 04:49:14 am »
What sort of ships/strategies did people use for the hell mode challenge?

I ended up settling on single ship Survival mode for the larger part of the 30, using a Stormbreaker with Tempest-L.Flak-Banshee-Flare and having both gunner and gunner-pilot using cataclysm rounds to make the boss much easier to take down inside 5 minutes.

Defense got me the second most wins, swapping out the gunner-pilot for a normal one with pilots drift to get from the first drill to the second in ~25s dropping a cargo nearly to the base on the way.

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 146
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
Re: How did you get your hell mode achievement/gas mask?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 05:16:33 am »
Assault, 1 ship:

Shrike - 2 Hwatcha, 2 Gatling Guns

Crew, (possible with just 1 engineer (Engi-Pilot) but best with two engineers, 1 gunner and 1 pilot)

Pilot - Moonshine, Engine Stabilisation or Drift

Engineers - Any kits plus Dynabuff Ability

Gunner - any rounds, (preferably greased) and Cataclysm rounds.

Average 7 minutes per game.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 07:04:27 am by The Mann »

Offline Psi Crow

• Salutes: 6
    • [SMGS]
    • View Profile
    • germanspeaking GoI community on Steam
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 05:19:09 am »
I did infiltration. speedrunning with two goldfish and moonshine.

one engineer with fail safe kit and Buffhammer camping the turning engines (it actually repairs faster than moonshine destroys it, so always full health)
one engineer with armorkit camping the hull
one engineer with failsafekit on main engine and balloon.

rush in, avoid any contact, let the walls be walls and fly around them. if the boss spawns when the vip is infiltrating, he has to hide behind the infiltrated tower, then duck under the boss and moonshine to the next point. when the boss has turned around you are already out of sight. the convoy has to tank and draw attention for the VIP, so he may die once or twice but that's np.

The procedure is fun until you have optimized it to win in under 4:30 (I think 3:11 is record and I witnessed 3:38) (the timer seems to be inaccurate though) and after that we farmed the wins and it felt kinda unsportsmanlike (at least as camping engineer). That I have to admit.
After that speedfarming, we were all among our top ten fraction leader candidates xD

Offline SteamBrains

• Salutes: 6
    • [ALTO]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2017, 08:38:50 am »
Survival, Stormbreaker, double carro front, banshee, L flak. One engineer had either normal repair kit, or hull camp kit. The other had mallet, spanner, buff. And the other had pipe wrench, extinguish, buff. The buffs are important. As for special abilities everyone had the advance dynabuff kit, and captain had drift. Everyone had greased rounds and the captain took burst for more doc on the flak when there was a drill. So. The front two carronades had to be buffed for engagements, they were used to strip hull as well as pop balloons. We could have a hull out with those carro's from 1 clip. Even quicker if buffed. By popping their balloon we were able to manage engagements better, and take them in more 1v1's. If there were many to attack, and engineer would pop the buff ability and they would be destroyed in seconds. Banshee would be used to finish them off and had better downward arcs, and the flak was more used for the drill. For the boss it was especially easy. An engineer would pop a buff, it would only take one clip carronade on a hard point in order to strip hull. We were also able to pop the bosses balloon, often unintentionally but it worked out. Then just 5 shots of banshee to kill its hull section. The buff lasts for a whole minute so we would have the boss down in about that time. If we died, it was usually to a stray corsair/axil but by that time our buffs had recharged on another engineer.

This also worked on defense but survival is usually quicker.

Offline Corporal Ravioli

• Salutes: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2017, 11:45:11 am »
Infiltration with VIP Squid and three Corsairs as bait. Let the VIP run off and infiltrate, while the Corsairs occupy the enemies without destroying them. When the Corsairs die they can respawn closer to the VIP, or near the very end just kick back and watch the VIP icon scoot around the map.

I caught a really good wave of people making Infiltration lobbies on Hell and then remaking them once the match was over. Rinse and repeat.