Author Topic: Any plans for new ships for pvp?  (Read 3996 times)

Offline Omegasys

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
Any plans for new ships for pvp?
« on: March 03, 2017, 10:08:55 pm »
I didn't see a thread about it (granted, I didn't look very hard), so i wanted to ask if there were any new pvp ships in the works?, don't get me wrong, i love the new alliance ships, and the classics are great, but the 7 PvP ships that we get to choose from have grown stale, and i personally think a some fresh layouts and designs are in order. I understand you guys at Muse are busy with Alliance and whatnot, but I'm not asking it to be released now, just to know if it was something you guys have discussed/announced/have planned for the future.

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
Re: Any plans for new ships for pvp?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2017, 10:26:21 pm »
I'm pretty sure they're looking into porting certain alliance ships and guns into Skirmish, many nerfed massively.

Don't quote me.

Offline Daft Loon

• Salutes: 47
    • [◕_◕]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2017, 10:36:10 pm »
There were a couple of testing sessions for alliance ships in pvp 2-4 weeks ago, the corsair was significantly overpowered (has since been nerfed for the beta i think) but the shrike, magnate and crusader were all adequately balanced for pvp vs each other and the existing ships as far as we could tell from testing, they forgot to put the stormbreaker into the testing.

Today's testing (and also tomorrows session if anyone turns up) was seeing if the Aten Lens Array would be balanced for pvp, we discovered that it is almost completely worthless in a fight between skirmish ships in its current form.

Offline MightyKeb

• Salutes: 78
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2017, 06:24:16 am »
There were a couple of testing sessions for alliance ships in pvp 2-4 weeks ago, the corsair was significantly overpowered (has since been nerfed for the beta i think) but the shrike, magnate and crusader were all adequately balanced for pvp vs each other and the existing ships as far as we could tell from testing, they forgot to put the stormbreaker into the testing.

Just wanted to reference this part. I was at the alliance ships' skirmish testing that week. I think Crusader was also considered overpowered (Old mobula levels of vertical accel, trifecta, can circle with said trifecta and not bad charging speed at all), Magnate didn't get much of a chance to shine and Shrike basically functioned like a squishy Junker, which didn't really come off as OP.