Author Topic: Murderbrawl Funtime Rules and Announcement  (Read 22246 times)

Offline KitKatKitty

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 41
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
Murderbrawl Funtime Rules and Announcement
« on: February 26, 2017, 07:30:09 pm »

Ladies and Gentleman! Boys and Girls! Delinquents and Gearheads of all Ages!

Do you like Explosions? Tar in your lungs? Burnt dead bodies? Shrapnel in your teeth? The thrill of a kill? Flaunting your sizable ego?

....I can’t hear you, so I’m just going to guess that you do.

In that case, come on down to the brand new, just now opening, mega, awesome...whatever, MURDERBRAWL FUNTIME! Now with 50% more Sky Whales! We got your Deathmatch! We got your V.I.P.! We got your Skyball King of the Hill! We got your destruction! If this sounds up your alley come on down to the Murderbrawl today!

This event is sponsored by Muse Games. We are not responsible or liable for any fires caused on deck, torn balloons, shattered ships, loss of life or limb, tar stains, liver damage, jammed guns, burnt hands, dented figured heads, broken friendships, added salt, frostbite, sun burns, scratched corneas, or any variety of other damage caused by your willing participation in this event. We do not provide ammo, guns, skills, ships, clear skies, counseling, spanners, wrenches, chemical spray, moonshine, balloon repair, gun repair, ego repair, or any repairing of any kind. If for any reason you are not satisfied with this event, blame your crew...if you are the crew, blame your captain. We do not guarantee sky whale sightings.

Synopsis:
Murderbrawl Funtime will be a 2v2, 8 player Team, 3 matches per set, round robin style over the course of 3 weeks. First match will be a classic Death match, second match will be a King of the Hill match, third match will be a VIP match. Each type of ship can only be used once during the match set. Points will be awarded as such: 1 point per Deathmatch kill, 1 point per 100 score in King of the Hill and then another 1 point for the last 50 score, 1 point per 5 VIP points. Full Rules can be Viewed Here.

This event is for all the glory among factions. Factions have been fighting hard over the course of the Alliance Open Beta, pick your faction at the start of the event and bring it all the glory while mercilessly killing others. The team still standing, or mostly standing, at the end of the event with the most points will play a role in the written Open Beta Alliance War lore and receive lore themed prizes.   

With the help of KitKatKitty, Jub Jub, Nat Nyls, Admiral Obvious, Lysanya, Ayetach and others from the community we want to run the bloodiest, brawliest, no holds bar tournament possible!

Sign-Ups Here:
Sign-Ups are now live and may be viewed here!

Brackets and Match-Sets & Maps:
To be announced after sign-ups!

Streamers for Murderbrawl Funtime:
Admiral Obvious at twitch.tv/theobviousshow
Lysanya at twitch.tv/thatlysanyaguy
(co-casters to be announced)

Schedule:
Saturdays at 2pm EST/ 7pm UTC for 3 weeks. Starting on March 11th
Close Sign ups Thursday March 9th
First Match Day: March 11th
Second Match Day: March 18th
Third Match Day: March 25th
Preliminary Day: Friday March 10th

Awards:
First place team will receive: A spot light and integral role in lore that will partake in a chapter for the open alliance war and a one of a kind title and in-game icon based on the faction your team aligned with.
Participants: A one of a kind title and in-game icon based on the faction your team aligned with.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 07:51:07 pm by Jub Jub »

Offline Inkjet

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 15
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
Re: Murderbrawl Funtime Rules and Announcement
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 05:16:35 pm »
Clarification: Does each matchup of teams play a set of three games against each other?

Suggestion: I'm afraid that every team will just save their squid for skyball. If, instead, a set consisted of all skyball games (perhaps only 2 instead of 3?), the teams would have to make harder choices with when to take their squid.

I realise that this would make it take much longer each week to get a full round-robin, and that wouldn't be ideal either.

Offline MightyKeb

• Salutes: 78
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 05:31:41 pm »
Suggestion: I'm afraid that every team will just save their squid for skyball. If, instead, a set consisted of all skyball games (perhaps only 2 instead of 3?), the teams would have to make harder choices with when to take their squid.

This is a good point. I think the better solution though - seeing as Skyball has had extremely negative reception by the vast majority of the vet community (the community where the pool of players for these events is drawn from, mind you) - is to take Skyball out of this event and replace it with KOTH. You can get around lack of map variety easily by making it the decider match.

Offline Inkjet

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 15
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 06:12:42 pm »
Decider match? it's overall points, not best of 3, right?

Offline Solidusbucket

• Salutes: 93
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2017, 07:19:12 pm »

This is a good point. I think the better solution though - seeing as Skyball has had extremely negative reception by the vast majority of the vet community (the community where the pool of players for these events is drawn from, mind you) - is to take Skyball out of this event and replace it with KOTH. You can get around lack of map variety easily by making it the decider match.

This. Fuck skyball.

Offline Solidusbucket

• [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2017, 07:20:04 pm »

This. Fuck skyball.

That's a pretty blunt way to put it, but yea. You have time to make alterations. Remove skyball and replace it with KOTH. It is a more dynamic and fun mode to watch and play.

Offline Solidusbucket

• [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2017, 07:21:16 pm »

This. Fuck skyball.

That's a pretty blunt way to put it, but yea. You have time to make alterations. Remove skyball and replace it with KOTH. It is a more dynamic and fun mode to watch and play.

Whatever nerd. Skyball sucks.

Offline Solidusbucket

• [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2017, 07:21:51 pm »
Stop spamming please.

Offline KitKatKitty

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 41
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2017, 08:36:09 pm »
Clarification: Does each matchup of teams play a set of three games against each other?

I realise that this would make it take much longer each week to get a full round-robin, and that wouldn't be ideal either.

Clarification: Yes. Each team will play 1 set against every team at some point during the 3 weeks and each set is 3 matches (Deathmatch, Skyball, VIP) It is not a bo3.

We were encouraged to use the different game modes. In saying that, there is a chance that every team could reserve their Squid for the Skyball match but KOTH only has 1 map. It came down to Skyball that has multiple different maps and teams can challenge themselves to win without a Squid if they are concerned about monotony. Or KOTH with only 1 map which would mean every set for every team would have the same mode on the same map which seemed much more monotonous.

Having a round robin each week, even with 2 casters, would make the event unreasonably long each week.

Offline Solidusbucket

• [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2017, 09:20:31 pm »

Clarification: Yes. Each team will play 1 set against every team at some point during the 3 weeks and each set is 3 matches (Deathmatch, Skyball, VIP) It is not a bo3.

We were encouraged to use the different game modes. In saying that, there is a chance that every team could reserve their Squid for the Skyball match but KOTH only has 1 map. It came down to Skyball that has multiple different maps and teams can challenge themselves to win without a Squid if they are concerned about monotony. Or KOTH with only 1 map which would mean every set for every team would have the same mode on the same map which seemed much more monotonous.

Having a round robin each week, even with 2 casters, would make the event unreasonably long each week.

I think the greater majority would rather see the same map on KOTH with the varying strategies that will be forced (especially if its last map in the set) due to using ships to try to win the first two matches. Many more options in terms of ship choices compared to skyball. KOTH will be much more dynamic than skyball.

Offline Solidusbucket

• [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2017, 09:21:14 pm »
I think the greater majority would rather see the same map on KOTH with the varying strategies that will be forced (especially if its last map in the set) due to using ships to try to win the first two matches. Many more options in terms of ship choices compared to skyball. KOTH will be much more dynamic than skyball.

STFU. ...

Yea, just use KOTH instead of skyball. Fuck skyball.

Offline Lu Lu

• Salutes: 12
    • [zl0t]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2017, 09:28:40 pm »
I like this idea of not doing skyball.  In fact, I love it so much that I already don't play skyball.

KOTH is a much better game mode for this.

Offline Guagadu

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 16
    • [Grim]
    • View Profile
    • Guagadu: Twitch
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2017, 09:32:39 pm »
I would agree with Solidus on the topic of Skyball. As we learned from the Sprocket League, Skyball has a very stale meta dominated by squids. The majority of vets absolutely hate the gamemode, avoiding it like the plague. Maybe if we get enough voices, we can convince Muse to adapt another map to 2v2 KOTH before the event. Either way, I loved playing the KOTH matches during Cronus League, and I would much prefer seeing a lot of Labyrinth above seeing Skyball. Maybe if Skyball were to stay for one week and be replaced by KOTH for other weeks?

Offline DaRebel

• Salutes: 1
    • [NoBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2017, 05:44:30 pm »
I think that skyball is a flawed gamemode that only leads to squids and goldfishes being conserved until it, where the only true skill is to see how fast you can fly your ship. I agree that KOTH should be replaced; it uses a system that can make almost any ship work on it, making strategy something that exists, rather than an obvious ship choice.

Offline Celine Dijon

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 1
    • [ZLOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2017, 08:13:55 pm »
I completely agree with Solidus that KOTH should replace Skyball.