Author Topic: The Gunner.  (Read 5482 times)

Offline Malarosa Agresti

• Salutes: 9
    • View Profile
The Gunner.
« on: May 06, 2013, 03:41:24 pm »
It seems to me that almost no ship or ship setup benefits from having a Gunner on board.  Having one of the only 3 classes be merely situationally useful doesn't seem like a good state of affairs.  I may be wrong.  I HOPE I'm wrong.  And I'd love to hear a reason why.

I'm waffling on how much I need to explain my position.  It seems kind of obvious to me how much more utility an Engie brings in comparison.  Just having the ability to more quickly rebuild / mitigate fire stacks seems / buff your weapon seems more useful more then one gun mod.  Even if the Engie plans on almost never helping with general ship repairs, in a pinch the extra tools seem to be much more important then having a useful mod for a second weapon.

For clarification, I'm not talking about having a dedicated Gungineer.  Nor am I talking about how the odd build here and there may benefit from a Gunner.  1 x Pilot, 3 x Engineers seems to objectively be better almost all the time, and I want to be told why I'm wrong.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 03:43:23 pm by Malarosa Agresti »

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: The Gunner.
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 03:49:29 pm »
We already have seven pages discussing the issue.

https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,410.0.html

Offline Malarosa Agresti

• Salutes: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 03:52:19 pm »
Ah dang I'm sorry, wasn't on the front page and didn't use the search function.  Guess I've got some reading to do.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 04:07:54 pm »
It's fine, it can be really easy to miss threads like that. The only way to know if something's been discussed is if you've read and remembered everything.

Offline Lord Dick Tim

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 119
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2013, 03:11:22 am »
As the community grows we will have this happen more often, maybe we need a sticky in some forums with a list of hot topic discussions?
Hmm...  To the mod cave!