Author Topic: my feedback and suggestions  (Read 4374 times)

Offline Jomdorr

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
my feedback and suggestions
« on: February 14, 2017, 11:11:32 am »
so-

I think guns of icarus has nailed the steam punk theme, the steam punk weapons and the lore with factions manipulated by players. A good game continues to develop on what it is doing right and will continue to make the great things greater.

the things it does not do well however, the game is not emersive enough, I dont want to sit in a lobby. lobbies are boring. Each faction should have a capital city themed to its unique setting, maybe even just a map of a capital city allowing you to click on each physical options, to customize your ships you select the factions version of a garage/warehouse to make adjustments or click on the pub to go to match selections.

it desperately needs a singleplayer for the world map, something simliar to just cause in the way in which you gain and loose favour for each faction possibly running seperatly from multiplayer. an emersive economy that allows you to personalise weapons ship crew and outfits progressing through the ranks of your chosen faction by gaining favour through actions. i really hope when alliance is released its something to this nature, if so i will spend many hours daily enjoying the truly wonderous game.

Offline FranckM

• Salutes: 2
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
Re: my feedback and suggestions
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 10:09:26 am »
That was the original plan mostly on the kickstarter.

Offline Byron Cavendish

• Salutes: 89
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
Re: my feedback and suggestions
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 10:50:59 am »

the things it does not do well however, the game is not emersive enough, I dont want to sit in a lobby. lobbies are boring. Each faction should have a capital city themed to its unique setting, maybe even just a map of a capital city allowing you to click on each physical options, to customize your ships you select the factions version of a garage/warehouse to make adjustments or click on the pub to go to match selections.

My brother in-law had that idea that he would bring up at every fireside, for a few years. He moved out of my house a year ago, so that was the last time I heard him rant about it. So what I'm saying it was suggested for years, and that was years ago...it's probably not happening sadly.