Author Topic: Option to lock out mid-match joining  (Read 3449 times)

Offline Unarmed Civilian

• Salutes: 12
    • [◥ɸ◤]
    • View Profile
Option to lock out mid-match joining
« on: February 09, 2017, 10:13:08 pm »
It's getting very frustrating. If I'm readying up and taking a loadout to experiment with in a 3 AI ship, I don't want some level 5 engineer joining mid-match who has

• Never seen this ship before
  • Doesn't know what a flak is
  • Insults me when they don't know what "ladder" and "right side" means

If I get crew before the match starts, I can change my strategy to accommodate what I think they can handle, what I'm willing to risk them being incapable of doing, explain what I'm trying to do and what should be prioritized, etc.

If I don't get any crew and run an AI ship, which is most of the time as I'll bite the bullet and pilot to speed the lobby up, I'll experiment and see what I can get away doing with AI. I'll take strange builds and try out exotic weapon combinations or try to make ships that traditionally work poorly with AI work for fun.

What happens instead is I get 3 people who installed the game earlier this week, who I don't have time to explain my strategy to nor are willing to listen, who often have incompatible loadouts with my ship, and who then blame me for being a terrible pilot when they won't get on guns after me telling them 5 times to get on guns.

I'm out of patience, and I'm getting sick of these new "players" rather quickly. I often don't even want to pilot anymore. It's not fun for anyone involved. If this trend continues for me I'm going to just drop this game. At least in other games with these kind of people I don't have to rely on them to perform well and can just try to carry.

Others probably have their own reasons for wanting to lock their ship from mid-match joins.

Someone will probably bring up SCS and organizing scrims. I don't do either because I shouldn't need to in order to enjoy the game casually. I'd rather just play a different game.

Offline Solidusbucket

• Salutes: 93
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
Re: Option to lock out mid-match joining
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 10:21:05 pm »
Email muse to reduce the vet lobby level requirement to 20 and reduce the threshold when we can open one up.

bam.