Author Topic: Allainace Guns and ships in Skirmish  (Read 6466 times)

Offline SirNotlag

• Salutes: 17
    • [Bj&H]
    • View Profile
Allainace Guns and ships in Skirmish
« on: February 08, 2017, 03:21:11 pm »
Is there any intention of making alternate stats for the the guns and ships available in the alliance modes to make them balanced in Skirmish? Seems a waste to have all that work only available in alliance when it shouldn't be that much more effort to make Skirmish versions of them.

Since I haven't played Alliance what weapons and ships are added and what do they currently do?

WEAPONS:
-I know there is the tesla gun which charges up to 6 seconds and jumps to multiple ships. More damage the longer you charge. Is it shatter damage?
-The laser gun deals more damage the longer it is on but. does it deal Fire damage?
-Homing rockets, well they home after travelling some distance and activating. I assume this does explosive.
-Gas mortors fires a gernade that explodes into a gas cloud that slows and damages enemy ships. No clue what damage it deals but i assume it works like the tar clouds gumming up engines and guns but not really affecting hull or Balloon.

SHIPS:
- Already they look fairly balanced to me, and are not like anything currently in skirmish. They sacrifice either survivability or manoeuvrability to bring 6 guns in 3 of the 4 cases. The 4th only has 4 guns. So i really want to see these in Skirmish

TOOLS:
-again these tools look sweet extra armour and self repair buffs, they fit and i don't see them being to strong plus you can only have 1 type of buff on a component so bringing multiple buff tools isn't very useful.

I've heard people say that they wont be bringing the Alliance content into Skirmish and I want to know why not? they seem really cool and tweaking could balance them, plus I want to fight people piloting the new corsairs or using the gas grenades or tesla guns. 

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
Re: Alliance Guns and ships in Skirmish
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 03:35:37 pm »
The last few firesides, it was mentioned that some Alliance guns will likely make it to Skirmish. The gas mortar, never. Cav rail gun would have to have some extreme changes, so not likely to see Skirmish.

The ships were not entirely ruled out, but don't expect to see them in Skirmish any time soon. Even if they were added, you would still likely need to unlock them in Alliance first since they are DLC content. If you have devapp, you can check out all the new Alliance things, plus two new Skirmish maps ported from Alliance.

As far as how balanced the ships are, once again, show up this weekend for devapp testing. Something special is planned.

Offline SirNotlag

• [Bj&H]
    • View Profile
Re: Allainace Guns and ships in Skirmish
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 03:49:05 pm »
Wait Railgun?
How many new weapons and ships are there?
I honestly wouldn't mind if you people could only use the Alliance ships and weapons if they had the alliance DLC, provided the Alliance materials were balanced against the original skirmish material.

shame about the gas mortor that thing looks fun

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2017, 04:08:16 pm »
Two new heavy guns were added. One is a 'Nuke the horizon' railgun that removes any armor in front of the gun as far as you can see, the other is a Remote (right click) detonation mine/grenade launcher that does a strange multi-detonation for 4x damage when right clicked.

Gas mortar could be OK in Skirmish if its AOE was much less. Right now it is massive.

Offline SirNotlag

• [Bj&H]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2017, 08:29:03 pm »
Oh and do you need a specific Alliance Devapp? Or does the original Devapp work?

Offline Daft Loon

• Salutes: 47
    • [◕_◕]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2017, 09:34:17 pm »
You normally need to have pre-ordered to unlock alliance in the normal dev app, this testing will probably not need that though because it should technically be in the skirmish part of dev app.

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2017, 09:57:00 pm »
Regular devapp has it, but has to be unlocked with a code. You can get the code if you repurchased Alliance. No Allaince guns will be testable in Skirmish this weekend, if that is what you are looking for.