Author Topic: Shoot better!  (Read 15687 times)

Offline JaceBoojah

• Salutes: 42
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Shoot better!
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2013, 12:03:14 pm »
It's been almost a month sense I posted this semi rant.  I have delved deeper into the gat/flak stratagem and now instead of just pointing the gat/flak at an enemy and expecting a kill (like I wrote before), I coach my gunners (if they can hear me or care). 

The captain is the coach of the team, you have to learn every inch of the game and get creative too. 
Just by talking to my gunners more, and in a very nice way, my ship efficiency in pub matches has gone way up.

Offline Surette

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 24
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Personal homepage
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2013, 02:23:20 pm »
There's definitely a lot more involved in piloting than simply pointing your ship at an enemy and expecting it to die. I've had people who don't realize heavy clip is more or less a necessity for the gatling gun (at least from a distance), people who don't know they should shoot at the hull, people who don't know how deadly the flak is if you hold you fire until the hull armor is down, etc. Once you take a couple minutes to explain all of this, though, usually you perform much better. I feel like being a captain is just as much of a role as being the pilot, gunner, or engineer. Steering the ship is one thing, but if I'm not communicating with my team then I'm failing as a captain. That's why I just go as an engineer when I don't feel like talking to people much.

Offline FightBoyVash

• Salutes: 20
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
    • Redstone Rampaga
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2013, 03:23:22 pm »
It's been almost a month sense I posted this semi rant.  I have delved deeper into the gat/flak stratagem and now instead of just pointing the gat/flak at an enemy and expecting a kill (like I wrote before), I coach my gunners (if they can hear me or care). 

The captain is the coach of the team, you have to learn every inch of the game and get creative too. 
Just by talking to my gunners more, and in a very nice way, my ship efficiency in pub matches has gone way up.

More than better, Second place better.