Author Topic: #CommunityPatch – Heavy Clip Balance  (Read 7625 times)

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
#CommunityPatch – Heavy Clip Balance
« on: January 25, 2017, 01:54:37 pm »
This is a follow up and successor to the #AmmotudeAdjustment - HEAVY ammunition proposals thread. The proposals come from participants in the open Skype group, and users on the forum

We’re split between -20% and -15% ROF. The rotation speed reduction is not significant, and lacking an additional penalty, IMO -20% ROF is more reasonable due to the high potential dps of heavy clip:

-20%: 1 / 5 shots miss in order to be better than regular ammo
-15%: 1 / 6.7 shots of regular must miss

Two other options were proposed: -10% clip (with -15 ROF), and -15% damage. The reduced clip proposal will only effect gat, banshee, and hwatcha (not Hcarro, Lcarro, or minotaur). The second proposal for reduced damage affects all guns similarly and would prevent Hcarro one-clip balloon disables (forcing reliance on loch or closing range)

Finally, the topic of jitter. The current value is -70%, but some argue for higher. IMO, 70% is relatively balanced for disabling components as higher may be too easy with guns like gat and Lcarro. It also limits the effective max range of Hcarro

Now it's up to you: should other dps values, like clip size and damage, be considered? Is a jitter change necessary? And is a reduced rotation of -15% agreed upon?

Option 1: -20% ROF
Option 2: -15% ROF, -10% clip (regulates power on gat, banshee, and hwatcha)
Option 3: -15% damage (balanced effect across guns)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 02:11:47 pm by BlackenedPies »

Offline Naoura

• Salutes: 25
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
Re: #CommunityPatch – Heavy Clip Balance
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2017, 04:09:15 pm »
I would agree with option 2 the most. It balances out the Hwacha a little better, and with the near laser rockets being as they are, keeping a reduced clip recution as part of it would keep it well balanced. I think rate of fire needs to be played with before settling on anything solid.

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2017, 06:08:13 pm »
Yeeeeeeaaaaaaaah, remind me, who aside from me uses heavy in hwacha anymore?

Offline Naoura

• Salutes: 25
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2017, 06:09:51 pm »
Me. When The captain keeps steady at longer ranges and I can get the chance. Aim for the engines, burn for reaload with burst, then full disable them again.

Offline Dementio

• Salutes: 135
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2017, 07:49:09 pm »
In between the nerf to Heavy Clip and now there was a projectile nerf to the Hwacha, so the old "laser rockets" are not the same on the Hwacha anymore, if it were to get them back.

I like option 1 as the clip reduction hurt a lot of guns that could have used Heavy Clip. But I don't mind option 2 since it a much smaller clip reduction than currently.

I would like more jitter reduction, anything from 80% to 100%, preferably a value on the higher end.

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2017, 08:07:02 am »
In between the nerf to Heavy Clip and now there was a projectile nerf to the Hwacha, so the old "laser rockets" are not the same on the Hwacha anymore, if it were to get them back.

I like option 1 as the clip reduction hurt a lot of guns that could have used Heavy Clip. But I don't mind option 2 since it a much smaller clip reduction than currently.

I would like more jitter reduction, anything from 80% to 100%, preferably a value on the higher end.

Agreed.

Also - disabling bastard from 800 meters back in the day with hwacha still needed both skill and cooperation. And it was damn satisfying and fun.

Offline Unarmed Civilian

• Salutes: 12
    • [◥ɸ◤]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2017, 08:47:07 am »
I opt for option 1. However it's really hard to say what is best without some testing in the field.

Option 3 is right out though. Heavy carro was nerfed enough, and all of the other options already nerf it in terms of RoF.