Author Topic: lol@muse  (Read 29045 times)

Offline Naoura

• Salutes: 25
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
Re: lol@muse
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2017, 03:46:43 pm »
So they are packaging it all together. Well, it's a plus, a lot of the newer players will go towards the PvE side of things first, hopefully, and the seasoned Vets will get PvP mostly to themselves.

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2017, 03:49:55 pm »
Somebody said that it's the veteran crews to refuse balancing swaps.

From my experience it's the opposite.

Offline Naoura

• [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2017, 03:51:46 pm »
I'll admit it was me, but I also stated that it's also mouthbreather newer players who refuse to understand what a swap request is.

Offline Solidusbucket

• Salutes: 93
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2017, 05:34:41 pm »
I'll admit it was me, but I also stated that it's also mouthbreather newer players who refuse to understand what a swap request is.

Part of the issue is that the other team's levels arent shown. Its stupid.

Offline Schwalbe

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2017, 05:36:14 pm »
Been stupid since the beginning. Nihil novi.

Offline Naoura

• [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2017, 05:39:17 pm »
You can still check through their levels, but I agree. It never makes sense when you're trying to join mid match, and you're only shonw one side's levels.

Offline Narayan

• Salutes: 10
    • [◣﹏◢]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2017, 05:55:29 pm »

PVE games are traditionally played more than PVP. That is a hard fact in the industry.

Im sure wherever you got that from was talking about Skyrim, Fallout 4, or Mass Effect type games, im pretty sure alliance isnt going to fall into that category. Many of us have hundreds of hours in the guns because the pvp aspect of it makes it dynamic, diferent pilots ships and maps make everything change from game to game, even a different tool on one engie can have an effect.

As far as the Jedi fiasco goes. I dunno if Muse was friendly with h
im or not, but you can't expect Muse to be 100% aware all the time of what a player is doing.

If Jedi sexual harassing girls was a secret then it was certainly an open secret a lot of people knew about it and i find it very hard to believe that no CA or mod knew. At any rate I accused him of it here on the forums and the thread was deleted for making a "personal attack" against him, the thread was deleted, and I can only assume the allegations were not investigated as this was many months ago and we are just now getting the ban. Whoever worked for muse that deleted my thread was aware of my accusation against him from what I had seen, and choose to do nothing. Im not sure if that choice was because they liked him more than me, or they were getting free work, or they dont take sexual harassment allegations seriously unless it comes from multiple victims.

I saw someone from muse post on here once that no one should have to train that doesnt want to, however ive never seen any system implemented that would keep a low level player, who if they join my ship im obviously going to have to train from joining.

Ive been in multiple matches with trolls, who do more than just ruin the game, but also are nasty and curse at you or insult you, ive seen no system ever put in place to deal with them.

What i hear is a lot of talk from muse about how they care about the community, how they want to protect the community. Covering for jedi for months was not protecting the community. Allowing trolls free reign does not protect the community. Muse has established a track record of protecting the offenders and not the victims.

How hard is it to smurf? Not very, you dont even have to buy another game, just make another steam account and family share, its free. So you ban someone from trolling, they just family share and they are back. You have no system in place to stop this, none at all.

Give us vote kick, start caring about the community. Make vote kick your #1 priory, and maybe accept the fact that alliance will not succeed without skirmish. If you had 4k active players in skirmish, I would feel pretty good about the alliance expansion, but you dont, you have 200. Many of those arent even going to buy the game or if they have they arent going to play it. You might wanna start thinking about free to play to get the #s up for skirmish.

Offline Schwalbe

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2017, 06:02:42 pm »
Narayan, for fuck's sake.

Like in the court, you don't demand justice over a fucking crime you have no proof for.

If you witnessed such situation you should've recorded that anyhow AND PRESENT THAT PROOF IN PUBLIC. Otherwise it fucking is personal attack.

Don't act like a fucking unaware moron, that's my field of expertise.

Offline Narayan

• [◣﹏◢]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2017, 06:08:32 pm »
Hey bro at my job they have to investigate any accusation of that nature. Anyway they have all the chatlogs and ability to get proof they need, and that is what they finally did months later. So yes you can expect that they would investigate over something like this.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 06:11:08 pm by Narayan »

Offline Schwalbe

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2017, 06:25:39 pm »
That's something slightly different. I focused on the part "hurr durr I told you guys and you locked my threads", and why exactly.

According to Keyvias they had some serious troubles investigating that to a degree they could've been certain the action is needed. If I agree with that or what I think about that - nor any of us - does not change the matter. As well as because I don't know details, I met Jedi maybe twice or three times in game. And he was acting like an arrogant prick then.

I may not like you Narayan, but I don't pick up on people in general, so yeah, we're cool. Just got slightly irritated by the thing explained at the beginning of this post.

G'Night.

Offline Dementio

• Salutes: 135
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2017, 07:00:26 pm »
Lot's of stuff was said, but I want to say something about the vote kick: I have played for about 3 and a half years. If vote kick would have been around since the beginning, I could have been kicked out of a lobby a lot during my earlier days by the vets outnumbering me. I would have probably left the game much earlier then, if that happened to me. But it didn't, so I could stay in the game and have a fun time and the ones I play with and know me also have a fun time (as far as I know).

The real problem about vote kick isn't that there isn't a vote kick, it's that CAs can't do anything, which results in a unnecessarily long fiasco, and it takes forever until the assistance of a mod comes in if a natural troll player doesn't comply to the CA.

But then I can't only complain about the lack of power the CA program gives a person in these kinds of scenarios, since I know a person that seriously thinks of every low-level player as a troll. Low-level players that may seriously not understand the game's mechanics.

Offline Narayan

• [◣﹏◢]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2017, 08:10:24 pm »
@Dementio when you played the game 3 years ago getting away from a troll in a bad lobby meant going back to crew form and hitting play, good luck doing that now and finding a match. Good luck finding a CA who still plays, and good luck with low level players not know stuff cause CAs dont teach anymore.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 08:33:37 pm by Narayan »

Offline Keyvias

• Salutes: 83
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2017, 01:39:15 am »
Hey guys,

Just wanted to jump in, there's definitely a lot of good talk going on so I don't want to cut off the thread at all, but for the Jedi case. Let's keep the talk to a minimum, if you guys want to discuss it privately together (or with us) we'd definitely be fine with that, but we're trying to keep public talk to a minimum just in case something slips out. (I know we are being super sensitive on this topic, but since minors are involved we're trying to do everything we can to limit any more damage.)
I will say for the investigation. As we stated in the post about it, a lot of the chat took place outside of Icarus, so the investigation wasn't as simple as plugging his name in and seeing something said.

With that interruption out of the way. Keep chatting! We're keeping an eye on what's being said and there are definitely some valid points.

Offline Solidusbucket

• Salutes: 93
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2017, 01:46:25 am »
Stuff

How come I can't block Keyvias?

Offline Timuz

• Salutes: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2017, 06:01:50 am »
good luck doing that now and finding a match. Good luck finding a CA who still plays, and good luck with low level players not know stuff cause CAs dont teach anymore.

Greetings Narayan, I am new to this game. I did buy Guns of Icarus Online about a year ago but I got to play it this month. I did notice the player count is very low but I had no problem finding a match even with that number. In my second game, a CA called Kajros joined my ship, and he taught me everything there is to play more professional. From that point, every high level player and CA as well that had me on their ship was surprised that I know and do things that normal novice doesnt. Its awesome that CAs are teaching everyone. I see at least 2 or 3 of them every time I play.
I really dont know why are you talking about CAs not being online or helpful.