Author Topic: GOI Diplomacy WIP  (Read 6239 times)

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
GOI Diplomacy WIP
« on: January 15, 2017, 06:52:51 pm »
I am making a Diplomacy map and ruleset based on Guns of Icarus. This is the first pass for starting cites and unclaimed supply centers (stars).

Flotilla starting points (my version of fleets) are marked with an F, and are special units designed for long deployments over seas with some support sea vessels carrying extra fuel and supplies.

Diplomacy is typically played with 7 players, so I added a new Faction in the center. The numbers came out nicely to add 1 extra starting unit to each Faction and keeping the proper ratio on starting cities, supply centers, and vacant territories.

Yeshian starts with no flotillas, but gets 5 starting units instead of 4.

Possible special rules:

Chaladon has an option of staring with two Flotillas and can place the other one on any of its starting cities.

Flotillas may be created by combining two normal fleets at a coastal supply center during the Fall phase.

Flotillas may be converted to normal fleets during the Spring phase while in any coastal area. They may not move, support, or hold during this refitting. Their power counts as 0, and an unsupported unit may displace them.

Normal fleets can travel into empty seas to another territory over the course of two turns. The destination MUST be declared in the movement instructions. If the destination is blocked on the second turn, the unit is disbanded. While over water, their power counts as 0, and an unsupported flotilla can destroy them. They can not hold or support any other fleets. Fleets may NOT travel between seas. Orders to do so will result in the fleet being lost at sea and disbanded.

Suggestions are welcome on starting and supply locations, as well as any possible special rules. If you are not familiar with the game of Diplomacy, there are a lot of good references online.

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
Re: GOI Diplomacy WIP
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 04:02:38 am »
It looks pretty cool! Actually I wonder why Muse haven't done a some kind of mobile strategy game/app for goio.

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 146
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 05:13:19 am »
I really like this :D

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2017, 03:23:00 pm »
Any thoughts on the special faction starting conditions and placement, and adaptations of naval units into Flotillas?