Author Topic: #AmmotudeAdjustment - LOCHNAGAR ammunition proposals  (Read 16694 times)

Offline Dementio

• Salutes: 135
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
Re: #AmmotudeAdjustment - LOCHNAGAR ammunition proposals
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2017, 07:39:36 pm »
If Heavy Clip won't get enough jitter reduction to make it desirable for me, I would really want option 1 or option 2 with -100% jitter.

If Heavy Clip does get enough jitter reduction, I would go with option 2. Which I hope slows down the effectiveness for some light guns, emphasizing on the few shots that come out and land instead of quickly emptying the whole clip, effectively gaining much much more dps than any other ammo type for guns like Gatling, where landing a shot is less of an issue since it's close range.
But if people really like their one shot, I wouldn't mind option 1 for the Lumberjack.

In general, I like option 2, because it normalises dps more than the current version does. Option 2 Lochnagar could also gain more importance during the engagement, when certain components are already damaged and not sitting at full health anymore, I imagine, giving less time to react with its "burst" damage.
People seem to like their one-shot Loch Flak, but while when I was a gunner occasionally used Loch for fun on the Flak, I never thought of it as it's primary or even secondary ammo type, so I don't get the hype for the Loch Flak. I do however appreciate one-shot Loch Lumberjack and the -100% jitter Heavy Carro when Heavy Clip was nerfed.

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2017, 05:09:51 pm »
Any final thoughts on this? Devs are asking for final numbers.

/!\This requires the buff nerf to +10% damage. /!\

Option 2 (ZanC)

100%

-50%

-50%

-80%

-60%

100% damage over the course of the clip as it is now.
+125% damage, no change.

Seems to be popular, though I would go to 90% rotation. That makes it a skill reload for 1 shot guns, and the others turn fast enough that multiple shots tracking a target are not impossible, but take coordination between pilot and gunner. Greased would be better for fast moving close combat.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 05:12:29 pm by Richard LeMoon »

Offline Daft Loon

• Salutes: 47
    • [◕_◕]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2017, 05:13:40 pm »
I'd like to see -90% rotation also, as well as -80% or more jitter but its well worth testing either way.

Offline Inkjet

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 15
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2017, 05:33:05 pm »
Lochnagar _______________

Self damage _____

Clip Size _____

Rate of Fire _____

Rotation Speed _____

Jitter _____

Option 2 (ZanC)

100%

-50%

-50%

-80%

-60%

Voting option 2, would like to see -80% or -90% jitter, as long as heavy clip is also changed to have 10% more reduction than loch.

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2017, 12:58:34 am »
I agree with 2, with -90% rotation and -80% jitter. This makes it a very skill based ammo for both pilot and gunner.