Author Topic: Skyball  (Read 4818 times)

Offline Solidusbucket

• Salutes: 93
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
Skyball
« on: January 21, 2017, 06:38:10 am »
I already sent an email, I'm just wondering other people's thoughts.

Make it asymetrical.

Ball starts in red spawn. Red brings ball to blue goal. Blue cannot grab ball. 20 minute timer. Ball respawns at red spawn. Must get it to blue goal twice. (my preferred choice)

or

10 minute timer. Red brings to blue once. Then, ball spawns at blue. Blue can now grab ball while red cannot.Timer resets to 10.  Blue brings ball to red spawn. OR - teams simply swap sides (don't think the programming is there and I would prefer it just be an attack / defend type mode without the swapping)

Enemy team can still "smash" (cause other team to lose the grab) the ball and bump it around or whatever. They just can't grab it.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 06:41:04 am by Solidusbucket »

Offline Daft Loon

• Salutes: 47
    • [◕_◕]
    • View Profile
Re: Skyball
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 07:39:37 am »
The first one could add some very interesting strategies as far as asymmetric ship choices.

Its also easy to balance if its too in favor of the attacker, just reduce the timer. Making it easier for the attacker would be harder, reducing the score to 1 or increasing the timer would both be bad.

Would be funny to see the defenders bring mines and 'fortify' the ball.

Definitely worth testing.

Offline Atruejedi

• Salutes: 64
    • [❤❤❤]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 07:53:45 am »
Sounds like a real version of Infiltration. Could be neat. I'm not opposed, but I am opposed until actual Skyball doesn't suck.

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2017, 08:55:21 am »
This is a variation of my Payload suggestion.

I think your idea has merit, but the drag on the cargo would have to be significantly increased.