Author Topic: Minotaur fix: Charging?  (Read 15933 times)

Offline Unarmed Civilian

• Salutes: 12
    • [◥ɸ◤]
    • View Profile
Re: Minotaur fix: Charging?
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2017, 09:00:52 am »
nice to see the ammo discussion... but would anyone have any actual critique as for the changes idea...?
Fine.

I'm unsure that it would be able to disable consistently if it had a ton of spread. Hwacha's random rocket spam works because its massive burst radius with Burst helps ensure your primary target (whether it be a goldy gun or pyra engines) is disabled. Would basically require heavy clip at all times.

As for the charge mechanic, I'm not a fan of it. I strongly dislike having to sit in a gun and charge rather than being able to just quickly aim and take the crucial shot. I prefer the game promoting mobility. Making it so charge is for long-range use helps mitigate the downside, so it's a nice idea, but isn't what you describe simply what heavy clip is supposed to do?

Overall I feel like the change would make it into a worse Hwacha coupled with a mino that is forced to charge before shooting. Is this good enough to see pub play? Maybe.

Personally I feel like the primary thing it needs is better arcs. Muse seems to believe that heavy guns being able to turn is very bad.