Author Topic: Short Server Maintenance Now for an Hour  (Read 17106 times)

Offline Dev Bubbles

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 55
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
Short Server Maintenance Now for an Hour
« on: January 05, 2017, 04:58:29 am »
Hi everyone! Servers will be down shortly and be back up in about an hour. In honor of Steam's Daily Deal featuring and the extension of the Alliance Loyalty Reward, we're taking Alliance back up for people to play in a bit, and it'll last through the weekend.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/209080
http://store.steampowered.com/app/252590/

Thanks so much, enjoy, and Happy New Years!

Howard

Offline Atruejedi

• Salutes: 64
    • [❤❤❤]
    • View Profile
Re: Short Server Maintenance Now for an Hour
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 03:31:10 pm »
Is the scoreboard finally fixed?

Offline MightyKeb

• Salutes: 78
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 04:41:13 pm »
Is the scoreboard finally fixed?

And the spot displayer bug.

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2017, 06:41:09 pm »
And the Flayed Hills Red team unable to spawn bug.

PS: It's not.

Offline Watchmaker

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 55
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2017, 11:37:47 am »
King of Flayed Hills spawns should be fixed now.

Fixes for both the scoreboard and spot-status bugs are in the pipe, they're planned for release as part of a minor patch beginning of next week.

Offline Atruejedi

• [❤❤❤]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2017, 01:48:56 pm »
Fixes for both the scoreboard [...] beginning of next week.

Next week? Seriously absurd.

Priorities.

Offline Schwalbe

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2017, 04:12:22 pm »
Sorry Jedi, but scoreboard and spot bug status are not that vital compaired to the situation when nobody in the red team can spawn their bloody ships.

Also, what is somewhat interesting, the existance of both scoreboard and spot bug made the game... interesting. It's like going in the dark, there's more tension and it's in all actuality more exciting - though this is my opinion.

Offline Atruejedi

• [❤❤❤]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2017, 05:17:00 pm »
Sorry Jedi, but scoreboard and spot bug status are not that vital compaired to the situation when nobody in the red team can spawn their bloody ships.

Oh, trust me, I agree. I reported the Paritan VIP 4 vs. 4 "why the hell can't we spawn?" bug as soon as it came out. I requested the entire Chaos lobby email bomb Muse to get it fixed. And Muse did fix it... but took way too long, in my opinion. Fixing the Flayed Hills spawn issue is good, yes, but the scoreboard should be paramount as well, especially because the scoreboard affects ALL matches and shouldn't be that freaking hard to fix. Just roll back the UI to when, you know, it didn't do that. Goodness. The fact that it'll be 10 days of no scoreboard by the time it's fixed is absurd. Absurd. Especially when the game is on sale, your population has swelled, and your game isn't shining.

Offline Schwalbe

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2017, 10:41:31 am »
Oh I am not saying that you are incorrect either.

About the ease of bugfixing. Let me give you an example from my life literally today:

I wrote bunch of vertex and fragment shaders code, and upgrade from basic shading to diffuse shading, so it can actually render surfaces according to light position.

I backed it up with bunch of C# changes required: changed vertex structure to contain normal vector, changed the size, changed primitives classes so they could contain and calculate normal vectors based on current positions of vertices, which is required to calculate diffuse shading. I also changed predetermined arrays of verticec and indices to provide correct calculations. Then, I created a wrapper class to contain a Vector3 object and pass it to shaders as a uniform. After all that I added some changes in rendering code.

Yet when I boot everything up, nothing was shown - even though silhouettes of my objects on scene should be shown, because ambient light was taken into account in calculations.

I spent 3 hours straight carefully examining my changes in code with debugger, checking if everything was correctly passed, if some calls to memory didn't overlap due to my overlook, stuff like that.

You know what was the cause of displaying fuck all on my scene?

In vertex shader code I assigned one of the output vectors as
vec3(modelMatrix * vec4(position, 1.0));

when the object containing position was called vPosition not position, so it should be

vec3(modelMatrix * vec4(vPosition, 1.0));

So yeah, I spent three hours to find the cause of problems, which fixing took me less than 5 seconds.

Also reverting GUI may or may not help, depending on what exactly is faulting exactly. It may also create/bring back more problems.