Author Topic: The Mobula, Builds for the Brave  (Read 8279 times)

Offline SteamBrains

• Salutes: 6
    • [ALTO]
    • View Profile
The Mobula, Builds for the Brave
« on: January 04, 2017, 09:43:03 pm »
HELLO

I have been flying mobula for quite awhile now. I've gone around to other ships but generally gravitate back to this one. Now before you go off and say "That steambrains is a salty vet who likes nothing but mercury and artemis." thats the exact thing im attempting to avoid. You see, way back when the mobula arcs were in the dark ages (moved outwards) the it was almost mandatory to have 2 artemis on it, and unheard of  to have none. (mostly) so during that time, I brought out this beauty from the vaults. Previously flown by a clan memeber (Boaker) I decided to try my hand at it. It was the glorious, Who Needs A Map. A gleaming mobula with a Hades up top, 2 banshees wing tip, and a wonderful double flak bottom deck. All that is needed is a competent hades gunner and the rest is history. I'll admit it has not overthrown the mighty artemis cancer mobula's. And hey, if youve got a good thing, stick with it! But I present this idea. Ever since the arcs got changed back, I havent been seeing those cool close ranged mobulas, or those beautiful mid range mobulas. I realize this is due to it having nerfed mobility, but hey we need a suicide charge every once in awhile. Another one I'm working on is a Flamer up top, [insert gun here] on wing tips, and double carro on bottom. Its been pretty cruel and very fun to fly. (goomba stomping with mob <3) So. If you have a worthy mobula build, or even just a downright silly one, LETS HEAR IT!

Cheers to you all!

Offline Kestril

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 24
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
Re: The Mobula, Builds for the Brave
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 11:30:33 pm »
hades banshee flak for fun. You can make up the lack of disable if you try and fight from below the enemy, as those carronades will never get arcs on you so long as you remain in the sweet spot below them. Survive long enough and the hades/banshee fire pressure will get to them.

hades flak/flak for a death-star laser once their hull drops. IF their hull drops.

Carronade for engies, flamer for gunner. Chute vent. enough said.

TRIPLE HADES MOBULA. THE ONLY HADES TRIFECTA. BE THE VOLCANO.

And I'm working on a double-merc buid of some kind. I'm still working out the details.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 11:33:08 pm by Kestril »

Offline Daft Loon

• Salutes: 47
    • [◕_◕]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 11:36:29 pm »
Banshee-Gatling-Banshee leaving the wing guns as flares or whatever is my current default Mobula, its not terribly interesting until an over-aggressive goldfish opponent comes along and the kerosene-impact bumpers-kerosene sequence is applied to prove that I do in fact have more armor than them.

When I feel capable of explaining that the light carronade can target guns with a bit of attention payed the flare-banshee-carronade-gatling-artemis mobula gets broken out. The carronade breaks guns and applies repair pressure to the balloon, the gatling takes down the armor and the banshee sets various fires and does some hull damage, the actual killing is done with moonshine. The artemis is just there to stop the gunner getting bored at range.

Sadly lost to the carronade nerf was the triple lesmok carronade mobula, it was surprising just how far away a balloon could be popped from and the amount of incidental armor/component damage inflicted.

The whatever-flak-hades-hades-mine partial funhouse mobula is workable again provided that two somewhat competent hades gunners (one as engineer still though) are available.

And the height of silliness the mine-mine-harpoon-mine-artemis mobula. The gunner stays on the mid deck and when the perfect alignment of the opposing ship and the 3 launchers worth of minefield (preferably burst for added fun) is achieved the pilot jumps up to deploy a harpoon (hopefully actually hitting) and then immediately down again to moonshine backwards dragging the target into many mines. It actually worked once too.

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2017, 03:12:56 am »
Here are my goto builds:

For range, merc - left flak gat - right flare banshee. Left flak gat uses lesmok and right flare banshee is heavy clip. Spanner mallet buff charged merc. Heavy clip banshee extends effective range and lets you hit a specific target (hull) rather than half the shots missing (balloon). Both engies use regular at closer range. Artemis can be used in place of banshee, but banshee deals 50% higher dps. When necessary, the buff engi jumps to the flak and uses buff charged - the highest dps mid range ammo. Pre combat, buff engi buffs left engine, right, then top, and left engi loads flare with lesmok if necessary

For mid range, hades - left banshee gat - right flame flak/banshee. Left greased, right heatsink/greased, top buff greased. The idea is dps, and the gunner jumps to banshee or flame for close range. Captain brings lesmok to preload hades with if necessary

For close range, mine - left banshee mortar - right flare carro. Left greased, right incendiary, top mine gunner. Definitely not for the faint at heart, and made more difficult by the limited mortar arcs at close range

As a bonus, artemis - left banshee gat - right flare carro. Left greased, right heavy clip, top buff burst. This is very situational as it lacks killing power with the sole buffed artemis. It's best against junkers, which are vulnerable to disable and have low hull. Buffed aretemis wrecks component clusters, and the gat carro can each target components if necessary. As with the above mine loadout, the flare is a primary combat weapon

As captain I always bring extinguisher for the top gun. Standard tools are hydro, drogue, kero, and when not worried about balloon pops, I swap drogue for tar. Left engi brings extinguisher and right chem spray. Against heavy fire the left can bring chem, and chem is always mandatory on balloon. Buff engi always buffs left engine first, then right and top. While buffing an engine, the corresponding engi on that side repairs the main engine

Offline SteamBrains

• Salutes: 6
    • [ALTO]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2017, 08:45:40 am »
Ooh daft loon I like the sound of that, I'll have to try my hand at it. Also of course forgot to mention Fyraxis's hades and then 4 banshee mob. Sometimes just all banshee mob xD it can be pretty devastating if used correctly

Offline MightyKeb

• Salutes: 78
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2017, 08:56:48 am »
Fun fact: Double gat mortar mobula worked even when the arcs were ruined - it just took a lot a while for people to try it out.

It's almost in a worse spot now, but maybe I just need to try it again.

Offline Solidusbucket

• Salutes: 93
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2017, 09:41:29 am »
I always liked double banshee top gat.

Another one i have used with varying success is top merc, top right mine, bottom right banshee, bottom left art

Something i always enjoyed doing (but can fail pretty bad) is top and bottom arts, top left hades top right gat. Pilot jumps up to shoot art while gunner uses top wing guns.