Author Topic: Ui proposal for a useful rangefinder  (Read 4634 times)

Offline Daft Loon

• Salutes: 47
    • [◕_◕]
    • View Profile
Ui proposal for a useful rangefinder
« on: December 18, 2016, 04:57:52 pm »

As per the picture:

-Add an arrow showing the ships perpendicular direction along with a reading of its speed in that direction

-Add a reading of the ships closing speed + or -

-Remove all trace of the circle of yellow lights and display the same information to the entire ship instead

The rangefinder would then be at least somewhat useful without being an actual aimbot or needing any in depth new mechanics.

Notes
-The arrow is just an arrow, it shouldn't scale to speed since that would be either too easy or misleading if it did/didn't align to the aim needed
-The speeds should be relative to your ships speed but shouldn't account for turning

Offline Solidusbucket

• Salutes: 93
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
Re: Ui proposal for a useful rangefinder
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2016, 05:21:28 pm »
My opinion: let range finder tell you the range of the ship without it having to be equipped. . .

That alone is useful as fuck

So many times I'm stuck opening the map to make sure my artemis are in range

so many times I'm opening up the map to figure out which spot on the iron sight I should use for the LJ/Hades

So many times I spray a little bit of my greased gat to check if i'm within that window.

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Let the rangefinder spot the ranges like the spyglass spots the ships. except the RANGEFINDER should REQUIRE the SPOT from the SPYGLASS for the RANGE to be VISIBLE to the ENTIRE CREW.

problem fucking solved.

Offline Daft Loon

• Salutes: 47
    • [◕_◕]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2016, 05:44:59 pm »
If someone on your ship has a rangefinder (even when not using it) then any spyglass spotted ship also shows the range.

I would be fine with that as an even simpler option.

Offline Solidusbucket

• Salutes: 93
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2016, 06:06:28 pm »
If someone on your ship has a rangefinder (even when not using it) then any spyglass spotted ship also shows the range.

I would be fine with that as an even simpler option.

yes, a passive tool is even simpler.

currently we do not have a passive tool in this game. Why not?

Why not introduce a new mechanic.

passives. I'm fine with that.