Author Topic: Gunner Idea Suggestion  (Read 11523 times)

Offline Lieutenant Noir

• Salutes: 17
    • [❤™]
    • View Profile
Gunner Idea Suggestion
« on: December 08, 2016, 11:09:00 am »
Hey, its been a while since I played this game....

Ok to the point: I have a suggestion for the gunner but I don't think this idea is relevant enough to put into the "Gameplay" section so I put it here.

In a lore sense, I would think that if you are called "a Gunner" you would know the make-up, composition, and mechanics of any gun there is out there better than anyone.
So in that case, a Gunner would be more knowledgeable about a Gun than an Engine and an Engineer more knowledgeable about an Engine than a Gun.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I suggest a Gunner be able to Repair and Rebuild "Gun" components faster than engineers.

Not sure how to integrate that with Gunners being able to use Engineering Tools, if Stamina would take that into account or how fair it would be for Gunners to have a passive ability dedicated to them.

Just thought it was a neat idea.

Offline Solidusbucket

• Salutes: 93
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
Re: Gunner Idea Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2016, 11:22:32 am »
If you are only considering this idea for lore purposes then think of it this way.

Stamina makes the gunners able to reload faster and move the guns past their intended arcs because they have more knowledge of the system.

Stamina allows engineers to run faster because they are more comfortable navigating the ships at a sprint without tripping over stuff.

Stamina gives pilots the ability to maneuver the ship more effectively because they are more adapt at manipulating the controls.

If you want this for balance purposes, then I'm really not sure. I feel the mechanics work fine.

Offline Lieutenant Noir

• Salutes: 17
    • [❤™]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2016, 10:21:44 am »
I meant the idea in the sense that a Gunner.....

You know like how when they showcase an assassin or spy training, they always show them disassembling and reassembling a gun.

I would think that if you were a gunner, pilot, or engineer, you would be trained or you would learn skills such as these over time.

If a gunner had more knowledge of the system, than wouldn't a gunner also know how to disasseble and reasseble a gun faster than an engineer?

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2016, 09:56:06 pm »
There could be a gun kit that did slightly more repair/rebuild on guns, and slightly less on all other components. Same could be said for a balloon repair tool (gaffer tape). Would require more features added.

Maybe using stamina could do some repair on your gun without getting off it.