Author Topic: Automatically recommend loadouts to mid-match joiners  (Read 4990 times)

Offline fp lambda

• Salutes: 1
    • [❍ᴥ❍]
    • View Profile
Automatically recommend loadouts to mid-match joiners
« on: December 01, 2016, 04:15:48 am »
So, you started with a full AI crew, on a double hades pyra. The AIs shoot the hades consistently, repair them when they get broken, and react to pilot commands. Then a clueless level 1 gunner joins with heatsink, heavy, loch, chemspray and phoenix claw. RIP.

Suggestion: Automatically recommend loadouts to mid-match joiners. Maybe give them all 3 choices set up by the captain.

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 146
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
Re: Automatically recommend loadouts to mid-match joiners
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2016, 04:29:09 am »
I like this idea. Similar to the "You will be changed to engineer" when formerly piloting.

You can set the slot specific load outs under ship customization.

Offline Daft Loon

• Salutes: 47
    • [◕_◕]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2016, 06:12:19 am »
On some of my ships I currently have the loadouts set up for engineer, gunner and clueless gunner, which would cause problems with people thinking I therefore want two gunners or just the clueless selecting the advanced loadout. I would be happy to sacrifice having them set up that way if it meant this being implemented well.

Ideally there would be some system of a loadout being already taken and not available.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2016, 06:46:22 am »
I like this idea. Similar to the "You will be changed to engineer" when formerly piloting.

You can set the slot specific load outs under ship customization.

players don't join on corresponding slots. So if you have your slot 2 as gunner but your player gunner is on slot 3. The joiner on slot 2 will become a second gunner.

That being said, there NEEDS to be a check for gunner. If no gunner, then yes allow gunner loadout to show.

Also I guarantee you muse will allow an option to ignore the recommendations. On one hand we vets dont suffer noob loadouts on match joins. On the other hand noobs can join with their dumb loadouts. Luckily most noobs are too dumb to find the recc loadout in the ship screen.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 06:52:03 am by Arturo Sanchez »

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2016, 11:50:28 am »
I think a part of the problem is that there is no easy UI way of changing your personal loadout mid game. If I mid game join and the captain tells me he would rather I had a buff kit and burst ammo, I know how to exit and come back with what he expects. But to novice crew the process sounds like you are asking them to press Alt-F4. I think Muse was worried about high level players exploiting this to access all the tools, but we exploited AFK mode until they added a rejoin timer and the feature seems pretty balanced since.