Author Topic: Ramming in alliance?  (Read 6786 times)

Offline Daft Loon

• Salutes: 47
    • [◕_◕]
    • View Profile
Ramming in alliance?
« on: November 09, 2016, 07:05:56 pm »
Aside from the very effective pilot ramming special has anyone actually managed to make ramming the AI ships work at all reliably?

Most of the time it seems I can have their armor and balloon broken and ram into them for only 10% hull damage if I'm lucky.

If you have had success is it faction specific? I've been mostly fighting Chaladon and Fjords.

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
Re: Ramming in alliance?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016, 09:41:23 pm »
Nope. I don't even find the RAM very satisfying.

Offline Naoura

• Salutes: 25
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2016, 08:41:17 am »
Overall the Alliance enemy ships are a little too spongy. It makes some sense for the highest levels of difficulty, because attempting to bring in more enemies might lag out the game to an even FURTHER FPS dump, but for every level? Nah.

On top of that, Bosses. What the heck? Still way, way too mobile. Too fast at turning, too fast in speed, too fast overall.

Offline Unarmed Civilian

• Salutes: 12
    • [◥ɸ◤]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2016, 08:23:24 pm »
The AI ships have massive balloons that absorb most incoming ramming damage (ones that don't have balloons on their sides), in addition to each having hull health comparing to Skirmish ships, if not more.

Boss mobility is only a constant problem because of the weakspot system. If you could just shoot anywhere and do damage like a normal ship, it would be less absurd.

Offline SteamBrains

• Salutes: 6
    • [ALTO]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2017, 10:53:14 am »
Its the ai ships mass, which is leading to very ineffective ramming. The balloon does seem to absorb a lot, but I don't think that's the biggest problem. We made a practice match and took alliance ships against normal goi ships and the Rams absolutely murdered them. The ai ships have about the same health as skirmish ones, we tested that with guns and gauging how many shots it took to kill them. Chaladon was the one we tested most. An axil has about as much permanent as a fish and the sentinel has a bit more. But as you know, ramming an axil doesn't work well. Once again a bit of its balloon, but their mass is weirdly high for the ai ships I believe.