Author Topic: Burst ammo, oh no. Artemis, why you so good?  (Read 18681 times)

Offline Kestril

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 24
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
Re: Burst ammo, oh no. Artemis, why you so good?
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2017, 12:54:47 pm »
It's hard to say if the ammo is overused due to the artimis being the only gun that's a reliable close-range and long-range disable.

While I think burst ammo could use a look at, I think making the artimis's role more distinct would be more helpful for game balance. Perhaps by giving it an arming time and then introducing a new short-range shatter-disable gun as a light weapon.

I think adjusting arcs to allow more guns to trifecta, or giving some competing guns wider arcs would go a long way to reducing the artimis's prominence as well. Most take artimis just to get that trifecta. If more guns can trifecta, then there is a tactical choice beyond "I want a trifecta."

Still, I'm reluctant to touch the AoE, as it does have to be noticeable to people in order to take that ammo, but I do agree that clip size should be left alone or even reduced. Alternatively, let burst ammo detonate near the target. So the shells will hit more reliably at range, but do less damage overall.

Offline Atruejedi

• Salutes: 64
    • [❤❤❤]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2017, 01:50:24 pm »
Perhaps by giving it an arming time and then introducing a new short-range shatter-disable gun as a light weapon.

[ Light Carronade with Heavy Clip glares at you ]

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2017, 03:36:52 pm »
First of all, I would remove most ship to projectile momentum transfer to the Artemis. It is a rocket with airfoils, which are designed to keep a rocket on its path. The physics are completely different than an aerodynamic spinning bullet.

Since that won't happen, speed the Artemis back up to 75% of its initial speed, and remove some of the damage and AOE instead. Making a low skill gun harder to hit with as a nerf is silly. Not hitting a target is no fun for new players that don't understand the wonky Guns physics (I will prove yet that they are wonky!).

As for burst, yes, remove the extra clip. Then increase secondary damage a touch since it is supposed to effect Burst. This will make it slightly more viable on non-AOE guns. Reduce AOE increase a touch. Then slow the projectile 10%.

End result: An Artemis with Burst that is slightly faster than current Art, does a little more damage per missile than vanilla, with an AOE between current vanilla and current Burst, and normal clip size.

And yes, remove AOE for Charged, but give it a hell of a wallop.