Author Topic: FPS Fix  (Read 8859 times)

Offline zVolpy

• Salutes: 0
    • [Tui]
    • View Profile
FPS Fix
« on: November 06, 2016, 05:27:08 am »
Hi guys!

Yesterday i bought Guns Of Icarus from steam,i get 30 fps everything on low and all disabled,and when there are smokes or something from the engine,the fps drops from 30 to 15-20 (same during the battle),solutions?

(I play on a laptop)
CPU:AMD A10 7300 Quad-Core 1.9 GHz (With Turbo Boost up to 3.2 GHz)
GPU:AMD R6 with 1 Gb ( integrated in the CPU) and an AMD R6 M255DX 2 Gb (Dedicated GPU)
RAM:8 Gb DDR3
HDD:1 TB
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 05:31:16 am by zVolpy »

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
Re: FPS Fix
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2016, 05:46:43 am »
Is it plugged to charge and bettery is set to work in high efficiency? If both are not yes, then you will surely have bad time running this game in decent FPS

Also make sure you are actually using your graphic card instead of integrated. Integrated are shit to begin with.

Offline Solidusbucket

• Salutes: 93
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2016, 06:37:35 am »
Is it plugged to charge and bettery is set to work in high efficiency? If both are not yes, then you will surely have bad time running this game in decent FPS

Also make sure you are actually using your graphic card instead of integrated. Integrated are shit to begin with.

Especially that bottom one about using the dedicated instead of the integrated.

I just read a post about someone that messed that up for four years of his life.

*searches* *5 seconds later*

Here it is: https://www.reddit.com/r/tifu/comments/59zreu/tifu_by_using_my_gaming_laptop_for_4_years_with/

Offline zVolpy

• [Tui]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2016, 07:50:01 am »

I have plugged to charge always my computer,and I have always the battery se to "high perfomance".
But i don't know ho to select/set my dedicated GPU for the games :(

Offline Schwalbe

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2016, 02:13:39 pm »
I don't remember it either. That's what you can check with google honest to God.

Offline zVolpy

• [Tui]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2016, 02:24:56 pm »
I don't remember it either. That's what you can check with google honest to God.

I fixed it, i setted the game on "high perfomance" in the AMD Pannel Settings.Now i can play all settings high.
More smoothly before ;D

Offline Schwalbe

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2016, 03:03:32 pm »
Cheers.