Author Topic: The Icarus Sky Tournament [INFO]  (Read 27092 times)

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 164
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
Re: The Icarus Sky Tournament [INFO]
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2013, 04:13:49 am »
Is it possible to request to be in a specific group? I'll be away from my computer for the weekend of the 25th, so if my team gets placed in group A or B we're kinda boned.

Have your captain talk to me.

just saying:

it doesnt matter if your boned in a specific group.
if your in another group and win you will be fighting against the the strongest of the other groups.
you have to fight the top of the top anyway.

to be clear:
im not in charge of the rules.

Offline Urz

• Salutes: 75
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2013, 07:42:12 am »
Groups haven't been assigned yet. While group assignment will be primarily random, I'm willing to make small adjustments for teams who have time difficulties.

Offline Elizabeth Starr

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2013, 02:23:21 pm »
Is it possible to request to be in a specific group? I'll be away from my computer for the weekend of the 25th, so if my team gets placed in group A or B we're kinda boned.

Have your captain talk to me.

Thank you. We're ... not entirely sure which of us is the captain yet. But as soon as we figure that out, s/he will talk to you.

Offline Mattisamo

• Salutes: 12
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2013, 04:17:46 am »
Even if you don't get 16 full teams, will it still be the 4 groups or will you cut it down to fewer groups?

Offline Urz

• Salutes: 75
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2013, 01:36:34 pm »
Rules update:

!. There will no longer be map picks in bracket phase. Map order will be provided for each game in the series.

Several people brought up the issue that the combination of loser map pick and winner loadout lock probably gives the former an overly advantageous position. Upon further consideration, I agree. The counterpick system announced for the Sky Tournament was a simplified version of a much more complex one I designed for another event, involving multiple steps of weapon bans and loadout switching.  In my initial simplification of that system, the resultant would have likely led to much more "swingy" series than it should. The counterpick system now consists of one step: loser may switch their loadout going into the next game. While winners will still be loadout locked, you will know what maps you're going to be playing ahead of time, and can pick your starting loadout accordingly.

Even if you don't get 16 full teams, will it still be the 4 groups or will you cut it down to fewer groups?

Unless 7 full teams signup in the next 36 hours or so (we have 9 currently and two single ships with no partner), I will be cutting to the first 12 teams to signup, making 3 groups of 4 (A, B, C). After that point, there will be a period for late signups, extending to this Friday (May 24th). If we get four additional teams (making the full 16), I will create a fourth late signup group (D), which will take place on the second weekend alongside group C. Otherwise we will just be playing it out with the three groups.

Offline always be closing

• Salutes: 1
    • [GOON]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2013, 01:29:40 pm »
SA DraGoons are in.

I will be your contact.

Offline Mattilald Anguisad

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 12
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2013, 07:48:49 pm »
Had I not been planing to play in the torunament, I'd have asked you if you need any help with tournament organisation, btw ^^

Offline Kira Wa Nai

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 19
    • [PLRS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2013, 03:53:53 am »
A question that is really important for my team. If the game result is affected strongly by different bugs(as in Cogs semifinals ours ship got stuck in wall 2 times and so gave a big advantage to The Brood), may a team ask for rematch and will these requests be reviewed(replay analysis, discussions with teams captains)?

Offline Moriarty

• Salutes: 18
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2013, 06:28:23 am »
Is there a tipping thread yet?

Offline Linen

• Salutes: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2013, 08:56:21 pm »
Sky Tourney Tipping Comp is up at: https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,1200.0.html

Sorry for the lateness and the multiple thread spam. You can help by telling your friends and leading them to the comp page before 4pm Sat EST to get their tips in.

Offline Skrimskraw

• Salutes: 160
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2013, 05:03:32 pm »
need to know.

are you allowed to sub for 2 diffrent teams?

since coldcurse subbed for us yesterday, and zac today?

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2013, 05:50:40 pm »
Hmmmm, can we get a thread with results, or have the first post updated with results?

Offline Linen

• Salutes: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2013, 10:14:12 am »
Tipping thread for Group C is up at: https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,1270.0.html

Tell your friends! Tell your neighbours! Tell your Mum!

Offline Raystgar

• Salutes: 2
    • [VAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2013, 11:05:07 pm »
I want to thank Urz for getting together an awesome tournament! I think I speak on behalf of all the members in The Valiant when I say it was a lot of fun! We did not make it through to the championship bracket, but we will come back (I hope)!
And I want to thank The Falconeers, Polaris and specially the Gentlemen for some of the best(and most difficult) matches I've ever played. I Wish the best of luck to Falconeers and Polaris in the  remaining matches!

And also thanks to Qwerty and papa paradox for putting up with yet one more "sniping-team"  :P

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2013, 05:52:48 pm »
On the subject of the prizes, will they be given out to everybody who played on the winning team in the final, or will they also be handed out to those who played for the team in earlier matches? Just out of curiosity.