Author Topic: Mine Launchers  (Read 6681 times)

Offline Phileas Fallwind

• Salutes: 0
    • [◥ɸ◤]
    • View Profile
Mine Launchers
« on: October 08, 2016, 04:11:40 am »
So I just played the first time against an opponent using the Phobos Light Mine Launchers on the Canyon Ambush Map. Since I read the Game Manual once where it states:

Quote from: Game Manual
Lays impact-detonated floating mines at short range.

I would chase the opponent with the mine launchers through a chasm maneuvering around the mines. But of course they still would explode. All of them at once. Blowing up my ship. Causing us to lose the match.  >:(
I really think you should at least clarify for new players that the mines actually explode when you are too close. And then they cause all others mines to explode. Which the game does not tell a newbie like me.  >:(
Or better yet fix the hit boxes of the mines since being able to control an entire chasm on this maps is absolutely ridicilous as it makes it unable for an opponent to chase you. Even if he can maneuver around OP mines as they explode nevertheless.  >:(

Offline Solidusbucket

• Salutes: 93
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
Re: Mine Launchers
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2016, 04:34:18 am »
This is how mines work:

Get too close, they blow up.
One mine launcher can have 5 active mines. Once a sixth is shot, the first that has been deployed will explode.
The mines' blast radius can blow up other mines.
The mine's will travel a certain distance before deploying. This distance can be manipulated via ammo types.
If the enemy blockades, then sit back and wait, go around, or use long range guns to engage.
If you engage a mine ship be prepared to lose the balloon.
If you anticipate hitting a mine, use kerosine or moonshine to negate the amount it tosses the ship around.
The mine's balloon can be popped.
Mine's can damage ally ships.

Def agree that it should be labeled / explained that the mines are proximity. I also agree that the mines blowing other mines up should be explained.

Lesson learned though.

Offline Daft Loon

• Salutes: 47
    • [◕_◕]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2016, 04:57:40 am »
Mostly explained by the above while i was typing this but may as well post it anyway

It really should say proximity detonated, since it is an explicit 20m trigger radius rather than a bugged collision box. (20m = half a junker length in game for reference)

The tendency for other mines to explode is because they can take damage same as ships, destroying the bomb part triggers the explosion, destroying the balloon causes them to drop. Most of the time this only happens from the explosion radius of other mines but if you have an accurate weapon (mercury or artemis for the most part) and a steady ship it is possible to clear them out of the way from a safe distance.

Mines will also detonate if there are 5 deployed from 1 gun and a 6th is fired, the oldest active mine from that gun will then explode.

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2016, 09:14:02 am »
Don't manouvre around. Manouvre under, you silly git. Or choose different route.

And if they bring munker, bring enough distance to harass them from across the minefield - mine launchers are short range assault weaponry in this game, like VERY short, and highly skill demanding. This is a high skill, high risk, high reward weapon dude.

Tl;dr: git gud scrub.

Offline shaelyn

• Salutes: 73
    • [◉‿◉]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2016, 11:51:32 am »
I've requested the team take a look at the description.

Offline Inkjet

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 15
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2016, 07:25:34 pm »
Mines also explode after 4 minutes.

Offline Giersdorf

• Salutes: 0
    • [♦]
    • View Profile