Author Topic: Proximity Rounds: Ammo type idea.  (Read 4582 times)

Offline Naoura

• Salutes: 25
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
Proximity Rounds: Ammo type idea.
« on: October 08, 2016, 01:11:25 pm »
Proximity rounds

-25% damage
+30% AoE
+15% projectile size (Increases the hitbox of the projectile by 15%)
Removes Direct damage

An idea I’ve been working on for a little while, but wasn’t sure how to make it work. The overall idea of Proximity rounds is to ensure hits where they otherwise would miss, making the more risky of shots much more likely to connect, as well as damaging more parts of the ship in a single shot. The reason for the removal of direct damage is due to the fact that the rounds would not be “connecting” per se. The rounds will be air-bursting near the target rather than directly impacting the target. This also explains the lower damage, due to the detonation being further away from the target and having less of an effect.

Most likely uses are, of course, any form of disabler and the Lumberjack. The rounds being easier to land on the target makes using the more difficult of weapons much easier, and thus more dangerous to the enemy. The greatly reduced damage, however, will mean that more shots would be required to actually destroy a component.

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
Re: Proximity Rounds: Ammo type idea.
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2016, 10:11:34 pm »
We tested this a few years back in devapp. It was insane on a hwacha. A Galleon could hit ships on both sides with each volley.

Offline Naoura

• [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2016, 12:15:12 pm »
Oh it has been tested, okay then. Same damage reduction or was it lower...?

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2016, 01:01:47 pm »
I don't recall. Mines would explode on your own ship as well. It was pretty insane.

Offline Naoura

• [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2016, 01:03:10 pm »
Ah well. I figured mines would become much more dangerous with this, to both the enemy and to yourself. Part of the fear of using the rounds ON a mine, similar to Burst rounds.