Author Topic: When do you feel that you are worthy to wear an outfit?  (Read 14602 times)

Offline Lance Gilgamesh

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
When do you feel that you are worthy to wear an outfit?
« on: May 02, 2013, 10:33:00 pm »
I ask this because any Powder Monkey with more money than skill can buy an outfit from the shop but this ain't a RPG where wearing clothes gives you more stats.

So when do all of you feel or felt you were ready to stand out from the crowd with your own tailor made outfit and look?

When you unlock the achievements to unlock some new rags to wear? Perhaps after a amount of hours played? Or Maybe when you feel you're enough of a Bad Donkey to wear them?

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: When do you feel that you are worthy to wear an outfit?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 10:52:35 pm »
I don't spend money on cosmetics, so I just took what I got from achievements.

Offline Shikra

• Salutes: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 10:57:42 pm »
As someone with more money than skill, I bought some outfits as soon as I figured this would be a game I want to play regularly. I think of it as a donation to some cool indie developers.

Offline Lord Dick Tim

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 119
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 01:09:43 am »
For me it had something to do with flying whales and the continuing trend that I was potentially unbalanced.  Had to put together some cosmetics from the shop for that.

Offline AWildGodzilla

• Salutes: 3
    • View Profile
    • My Stream Site on ocassions.
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 01:13:38 am »
i got a few free items from buying the game on beta n shit they gave me a suit for each classes but i bought an extra for engie <3 as support to this awesome game and community. bought a few hats n stuff ^^

Offline Ofiach

• Salutes: 25
    • [FALC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2013, 01:17:08 am »
I just decided to update my pilots look once I realized I was decent at the role! Blindfolded Captain for the effin win! I'm using the force an stuff!

Offline Draco Tempus

• [DXFA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2013, 06:28:44 am »
Well, I originally bought the version with the Collector's Edition outfits, so I felt that made me worthy to wear those outfits. When I had played the game for a couple of days and was sure that this was a game I liked and would continue playing, I bought some more stuff for my engineer.
When I saw that there was a sale in the shop yesterday, I decided to buy some for the other classes as well.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2013, 12:19:20 pm »
When I started teaching new players how to play, I realized I needed something to give me an air of authority. So I invested in the biggest hat and the snazziest outfit I could find. Even though it is not always true I feel people are more willing to bend to the authority of the man with the biggest hat.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 12:24:09 pm by HamsterIV »

Offline HamsterIV

• View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2013, 12:30:12 pm »
Besides people are more likely to judge a player by their level than their outfit. I buy the outfits to support Muse and hopefully ensure that there will be more new maps, guns, and ships. When I see a player in a non standard outfit I think "There goes someone who loves this game as much as I do and is willing to pay a little extra to ensure the devs can make rent."

Offline Helmic

• Salutes: 35
    • [NCNS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2013, 08:28:14 pm »
When I discovered Fight the Devs.

Offline Shukketsushi

• Salutes: 50
    • [МSF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2013, 04:21:05 am »
When I started teaching new players how to play, I realized I needed something to give me an air of authority. So I invested in the biggest hat and the snazziest outfit I could find. Even though it is not always true I feel people are more willing to bend to the authority of the man with the biggest hat.
Besides people are more likely to judge a player by their level than their outfit. I buy the outfits to support Muse and hopefully ensure that there will be more new maps, guns, and ships. When I see a player in a non standard outfit I think "There goes someone who loves this game as much as I do and is willing to pay a little extra to ensure the devs can make rent."

I support both of these statements although my reasoning for buying an outfit was the latter. I was also really interested in making my outfit IRL. What could possibly make me more deserving of it in-game?

Offline HamsterIV

• View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2013, 12:06:41 pm »
I was also really interested in making my outfit IRL. What could possibly make me more deserving of it in-game?

You could have actually modeled, textured, and rigged a brand new outfit , then submitted it to Muse for incorporation into the game. That is about the only thing I can think of that would make you more worthy to wear an outfit than your cos-play shenanigans. Your cos-play shenanigans are pretty awesome.

Offline LordFunPants

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 49
    • [LFP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2013, 01:45:57 pm »
I was also really interested in making my outfit IRL. What could possibly make me more deserving of it in-game?

You could have actually modeled, textured, and rigged a brand new outfit , then submitted it to Muse for incorporation into the game.

rigged nearly all the costumes and designed a few, and i still feel like shes more deserving cause of her cosplay shenanigans. I only get to run around in neat costumes cause i work at muse, otherwise i'd be using the default outfit all the time ^^; 

Offline Lance Gilgamesh

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2013, 09:58:58 pm »
I got it somewhere in my head probably team fortress 2 that wearing a hat makes you better at the game or somebody that has a hat is probably better at the game.

Now somebody with a hat that's painted you're pretty much done for.

Offline Machiavelliest

• Salutes: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2013, 01:52:16 am »
When I buy them.