Author Topic: Back Again and no idea whats happened!  (Read 5040 times)

Offline Commissar Punk

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
Back Again and no idea whats happened!
« on: October 08, 2016, 03:49:47 am »
Hello there my fellow captains

I Commissar Punk have returned to spread the word of Moonshine cookies and death once again to the sky's how ever,
It has been almost 3 years (military and away on deployment) since i was last able to play this fine game and im writing this now on my journey back home and want to ask what is new?

ive been going through the forum as much as i can but unfortunately due to slow connections it takes like half a year for anything to load for me so I thought I would ask the community what has changed in the last 3 years new ships new mechanics? or what

But the most important question of them all IS THE SQUID STILL IN THE GAME!
i envy to fly my firefly and laugh at all those that fall before me (or when i go down in a flaming fireball) either way its good to be back!

oh and to spread the word of my moonshine cookies!

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
Re: Back Again and no idea whats happened!
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2016, 02:19:37 pm »
The patch notes for the last three years are here:
https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/board,38.0.html

My own summary:
* Flight modeling has been rejiggered to make the ships heavier and slower since 1.1 days
* Level cap has been moved to 45
* Leveling is no longer tied to achievements but experience points earned for actions in match.
* Stamina gives class specific perks for ship maneuverability , run speed, or gun-arc/reload
* When setting up your ship you can set up suggested crew loadouts to quick recommend in lobby. Click on bullet or wrench icon next to the player's name to choose what loadout to send them.
* Match making has replaced the lobby system to cut back on stacked matches
* Rematch Lobby scramble has been introduced to cut back on stacked matches
* Levels no longer shown in lobby to prevent newbies from being scared off by high leveled teams
* "Under Dog" tag appears when the game thinks one side is screwed based on match maker ranks
* New achievements and titles for commendations and underdog victories.
* Gat's accuracy has been increased while DPS has been decreased making the optimal ammo greased instead of heavy
* Arming times have lead to the mortar replacing the light flack as the optimal close range finishing gun.
* The ability to work with arming times on certain guns causes gunners to bring incendiary for its muzzle velocity reduction attribute.
* Reduction in the explosive dammage modifier vs armor makes armor piercing weapons almost mandatory.
* Ram damage to balloon multiplier increased making "Hydrogen Upercut" nonviable.
* Carronade + doward ram known as "Goomba Stomp" became popular until carronade Nerf
* Carronades no longer angle downward (blender fish and balloon popper squids held ascendancy at one point)
* New maps and game modes added.
* The new ship Mobula has 5 some what forward facing light guns making it one of the better long range platforms, yet inconvenient repair point placement prevents it from dominating in close range brawls.
* New weapons Lumberjack, Hadies, Mine Launcher, Minitour added.
* The long range heavy weapon of choice is the Lumberjack which does balloon damage and can make a kill solo by keeping an enemy ship pinned to the floor.
* The long range light weapon of choice is the hadies since they nerfed the merc.
* Due to high shot drop on lumberjack and hadies, lesmok ammunition is considered manditory.
* Mines were added as a high skill high reward weapon that vet crews use to show off with.
* The Minotaur does impact damage and can push ships around at medium to long range, but does so little damage it is more of a nuance than a threat.
* The spire's side guns have been canted 45 degrees forward allowing for quad fectas
* The squid's rear gun has been canted 45 degrees to starboard
* The squid has more health but is less maneuverable.
* Fire extinguisher and chem spray now have cool down times that block normal repair tools. The chem spray and preventative fire control has become mandatory.
* The flame thrower no longer passes through objects making it harder to light everything on a ship.
* The flame thrower hit detection has been improved making it easier to set more stacks faster on a single component.
* AI now look like soul less robots.
* The lobby will never give you an AI gunner.
* Victory screen pose off encourages outlandish fashion as a way of increasing micro transaction cosmetic purchases.
* Themes, figure heads, and balloon dyes are available for ships.
* Dyes are available  for clothing and hats.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 02:33:03 pm by HamsterIV »

Offline Commissar Punk

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Back Again and no idea whats happened!
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 09:58:30 am »
Thank you very much for the link and all the added info