Author Topic: Ship Texture Workshop concept.  (Read 12496 times)

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
Ship Texture Workshop concept.
« on: October 03, 2016, 06:30:06 pm »
Video: https://youtu.be/2DHgDE1PZ4Y
Self explanatory if changable textures in the game ever become a thing. Working menu items made in Gimp and Blender, and used Blender Game Engine to mock up a 'working' Workshop screen. I could have made more texture changes for other parts of the ship, but it was getting late and I ran out of mojo. Already sent this to Muse via email, so don't resend (unless you want to start a #jedihashtagcampaign to say how much you really want it).

Offline Baelfire Ender

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 6
    • [◥ɸ◤]
    • View Profile
    • Chaos Skirmish Saturdays
Re: Ship Texture Workshop concept.
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 11:36:38 pm »
If I remember correctly, the alpha screenshots or whatnot of the game itself featured completely customizable balloons. Lemme see if I can find the photo.

It's a pretty great idea that didn't live for very long. I'd love to texture my balloon with a warhorse and not JUST a decal. It would be a little something extra.

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
Re: Ship Texture Workshop concept.
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2016, 12:17:12 am »
That is made using the colormap (used to make stains, color variations, and cloth folds and such) if I am not mistaken. Not as efficient as decals, since you would need an entirely new colormap image for the entire ship just to change that.

Also, only 69 thread views and one comment for all the work I put into this? I literally made a mini game to demonstrate this concept. You people are all nubs.