Author Topic: Prioritize large lobbies in matchmaking  (Read 5317 times)

Offline MostExcellent

• Salutes: 1
    • [BRMS]
    • View Profile
Prioritize large lobbies in matchmaking
« on: September 27, 2016, 04:17:58 pm »
I just got back into Guns of Icarus after about a year, and realized what I had been missing initially: massive nightly lobbies in 4v4 and occasionally 3v3 full of the coolest and most welcoming people of any online game I have played.

There should at least be an option to prioritize large lobbies in matchmaking. Some of my most memorable and intense games have been 4v4. I only started playing 4v4 because of a friend inviting me to their crew. It would help out newbies and veterans alike. Players seeking more strategic matches with competent, cooperative teammates would benefit. Newer players (assuming basic game knowledge) could, if they choose be exposed to a generally higher level of gameplay, full of knowledgeable captains more than willing to instruct their crew how to properly do their job. This should be optional of course, in case someone prefers 2v2, but this option would consolidate the online playerbase at any given time for more fun, strategic, and intense matches where a wider variety of ship builds and strategies are viable.

As a sidenote: making more maps 4v4 is the only sane thing to do

EDIT:
When I mention newer players, I don't generally mean total novices with no idea what they're doing and should play some games against other novices to get familiar with the game. I mean people who have played enough to get the hang of the basic game mechanics, but want to improve.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 04:35:58 pm by MostExcellent »

Offline Atruejedi

• Salutes: 64
    • [❤❤❤]
    • View Profile
Re: Prioritize large lobbies in matchmaking
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 06:11:18 pm »
I don't even remember the last time I played 2 vs. 2 because I find it completely unsatisfying compared to 3 vs. 3 and 4 vs. 4. Any time I play, I set up a 4 vs. 4 and get it filled with friends then open it to the recruiting queue. It fills and lasts hours and hours.

As a sidenote: making more maps 4v4 is the only sane thing to do

Thanks to our #AdaptTheMaps email campaign to Muse, Paritan 4 vs. 4 Deathmatch is a reality. But #CanyonCantWait! Help us get Canyon Ambush into VIP and 4 vs. 4 along with many other adaptations. Make it so #MuseCantRefuse. Read here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/goichaos/discussions/0/357286663694545839/

Offline MostExcellent

• Salutes: 1
    • [BRMS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2016, 09:55:27 pm »
I just realized the game did have that option and now feel like an idiot.

Offline Solidusbucket

• Salutes: 93
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 12:22:59 am »
It also has the equivalent of a "server browser" but it is called "custom game"

Remember the days before matchmaker existed?

I do.