Author Topic: Disturbing newbies loadouts  (Read 11100 times)

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
Disturbing newbies loadouts
« on: September 22, 2016, 05:44:08 am »
Let me remind you all this fragment from my latest video:

https://youtu.be/mKov0rYWV_Y?t=1m45s

As you can see - my first guess was "This motherfucker did not play through the tutorial!!!".
But what is a little disturbing - I've witnessed such loadout used by number of different newish players. And some of them are pretty damn vocal about how awesome it is, and buff being better than Jesus, yadda yadda yadda, thus generally declining the loadout that actually works.

I've played through a new tutorial SOME time ago, and I considered it a well done effort, but... yeah. What I think right know is:

Tutorial might be teaching that buff is awesome, but not putting enough emphasise on the fact it takes a precious tool slot, thus limiting your possibilities in repairing stuff, and that it should be only taken if requested by your captain.

I'm not sure though, because I've played through new tutorial SOME time ago, as already mentioned.

Offline Atruejedi

• Salutes: 64
    • [❤❤❤]
    • View Profile
Re: Disturbing newbies loadouts
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2016, 07:42:48 am »
Oh my god, when you swung your head to look at the left side of your Mob when the hull was down... I LOL'D SO HARD.

And then, when only one side was shooting and you turned your head to examine why... again, LOL!

Ah. Classic. Very well done video, dude. I laughed and smiled a lot! Muse should watch these since they refuse to get #InTheTrenches and play with normal players, instead sealing themselves in their dev game bubbles...

Offline Schwalbe

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2016, 09:04:00 am »
Oh my god, when you swung your head to look at the left side of your Mob when the hull was down... I LOL'D SO HARD.

And then, when only one side was shooting and you turned your head to examine why... again, LOL!

Ah. Classic. Very well done video, dude. I laughed and smiled a lot! Muse should watch these since they refuse to get #InTheTrenches and play with normal players, instead sealing themselves in their dev game bubbles...

Though I appreciate your appraisal for this humor, I feel like you missed the point.

Mallet + buff + fire tool.

Almost everywhere (well a little exaggeration, but still)

And the question:

Why the fuck does this happen, and where does this idea come to noob's head from?

Also yeah, I sent my GOIO vids to Muse during our last Fireside, and Howard even noticed that these exist (he texted me back on facebook through which I sent these; ALL of them)

Offline Daft Loon

• Salutes: 47
    • [◕_◕]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2016, 10:37:54 am »
Mallet has big numbers, spanner has small numbers.
Mallet is better than spanner
Spanner sucks
Buff is good
Replace spanner with buff
Component is red
Component is on fire
Use extinguisher on component until it stops being red
We died wtf captain you suck

Offline IntrepidFusion

• Salutes: 7
    • [ƉɌEƉ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2016, 12:39:02 pm »
Protip: If you keep the component alive with the mallet you'll never need the spanner.

Offline Huskarr

• Salutes: 29
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2016, 04:26:07 pm »
Protip: If you keep the component alive with the mallet you'll never need the spanner.
For my very very first match I assumed I'll be able to keep everything alive. Boy was I wrong. At least I was intelligent to keep in novice and to keep the standard loadout Muse premade, because I thought it can't be bad if hte devs made it.

Offline Schwalbe

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2016, 04:28:25 pm »

Tell this shit is not real.

Offline IntrepidFusion

• Salutes: 7
    • [ƉɌEƉ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2016, 05:08:03 pm »
Replace the Fire Extinguisher with a Buff Hammer.  If the part is on fire just stand next to it and keep hitting it with the buff hammer, it'll stay alive, or let it break then rebuild it to reset the fire.

Another good loadout is Pipe Wrench, Extinguisher, and Chemspray.  I call it the Fireman (or Fireperson) loadout.  If you mess up your Chemspray cycle the Extinguisher will back you up.

Offline Inkjet

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 15
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2016, 09:14:03 pm »
You should try explaining the reason for the loadout you're recommending, and the positions on the ship prior to the start of the match. If you don't want to deal with novices, make a vet lobby.

I don't know why some novices try to bring bad loadouts, but without experience or teaching to tell them  what to take and why, they have no reason not to experiment for themselves.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2016, 06:14:11 pm »
You should try explaining the reason for the loadout you're recommending, and the positions on the ship prior to the start of the match.

During a pub match when every dumbass scrub instantly readies before you even attempt a concise explanation.

And even if you dumb it down to two or three sentences you get question that WOULD HAVE BEEN COVERED IF YOU HAD GIVEN THE FULL EXPLANATION BUT INSTEAD YOU GOT 10 SECONDS BECAUSE THESE FU-

dun... dun... DON.

Offline Naoura

• Salutes: 25
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2016, 10:57:40 pm »
.... I actually have had several good series of games where newbies actually followed what  I was saying, and even did the "abandon match" kit change to try and get them to take the proper kit.

I feel spoiled now. I had good nooblets to teach.

Offline Solidusbucket

• Salutes: 93
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2016, 11:31:15 pm »
.... I actually have had several good series of games where newbies actually followed what  I was saying, and even did the "abandon match" kit change to try and get them to take the proper kit.

I feel spoiled now. I had good nooblets to teach.

I have more of those than I do the miserable times. But, I also tend to quit after one match of a miserable time meanwhile Ill play several hours if I have a good time and it keeps going (usually does).

Offline Naoura

• Salutes: 25
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2016, 03:43:57 pm »
I have plenty of bad, but I generally consider those par for the course. New players can be jerks all the bleeding time, and you'll see that in any kind of game. Thereare always trolls.

I tend to remember the good one's more than the bad. They stand out because they aren't calling you an ass for teaching them how to actually play the game.