Author Topic: SkyBall and New maps and things...  (Read 3961 times)

Offline Hai Fisch

• Salutes: 2
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
SkyBall and New maps and things...
« on: September 19, 2016, 01:25:49 pm »
So Skyball. I feel like it could be a LOT LOT more... it doesn't utilize the ships well enough... everything revolves around speed and supplementary pilot mechanic...

What I suggest is this. Pilots with intact armor (as in not broke red) can only use G to poon unclaimed (yellow) Ball-oon thingy. On Armor breach a ship drops balloon (to compensate for individual speed/manuverability this should already be balanced, darty toughish pyra, fumbly squid, hoss Gal... so on) Harpoon [Ship weapon] direct hit on Ball-oon (Yellow or otherwise) steals Ball-oon. And Possibly add in a that the goal has to be clear or at least follow KotH-esque capture point rules to score, if it doesn't already.

There's no way to goalie effectively as it is, individual ship strengths are meaningless (most agile/fleet ship gets the thing. squid squid squid squid....), and why bother with guns? I say make it more about airships playing a sport rather than clumsy airships try to play football/soccer/sportsball.

Also as sort of an on the side if you have the time and it's not a lot of trouble maybe??? convert some of the other maps for 2v2 KotH (trim them down maybe)?? I play in the middle of the night (US Central time) see usually a little under 30 people on, if it's not too much trouble some extra 2v2 KotH options on maps that already exist would add some varity. Canyon Ambush would be the one I think of most... and a tighter scrapyard... also what about having 3 control points that are all active (force choices like solo or dominate with numbers or back-cap and cripple or...) sorry I like objective game types...

Really nice to see new things. I do really love this game.

What about adding alliance-esque outlines to ally ships in regular game? Help them stick out as ally/ "what's our color?". I think the normal boxes are good for enemy so as not to devalue things like soft cover making it harder for crew to aim/judge depth... anywho, o7
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 01:31:13 pm by Hai Fisch »

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
Re: SkyBall and New maps and things...
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 05:36:19 pm »
The armor break thing would be OK, I guess, but would extend the already long match times with good teams. The only matches that go quickly are the ones where no one knows how to use strategy yet.

Speed is not everything.

Whoever is being goalie is doing it very wrong if you are observing that there is no way to effectively goalie. I play goalie to mid, and sometimes rush with a Spire. I have never lost playing a Spire.  Stop chasing the ball. You know where the Squid is going. You know it has to stay still at mid altitude. You have lots of guns. The math is simple. Squids are mincemeat. Galleon also does a decent job as goalie, but is less useful for playing the field.

3v3 Skyball is better than 2v2 as well.

Offline Atruejedi

• Salutes: 64
    • [❤❤❤]
    • View Profile
Re: SkyBall and New maps and things...
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 05:40:51 pm »
3v3 Skyball is better than 2v2 as well.

QFT.

2 vs. 2 Skyball and 2 vs. 2 VIP should be removed. But they really do shine in larger matches with 3 vs. 3 and 4 vs. 4.