Author Topic: Retrieve Mode is too easy to blitz...  (Read 4641 times)

Offline Hai Fisch

• Salutes: 2
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
Retrieve Mode is too easy to blitz...
« on: September 04, 2016, 05:11:22 am »
If you can ninja the balloon thing and get it to the point you win... typically thing thing you take it from was going to the point your taking it to.... what if the balloon spawned attached to a boss and it was more like a race, where you would have to run down the boss, destroy it, and haul thingy back to your start point before the enemy can carry it to their base? Force you to work for it more... have the refinery things on the map be enemy outpost that shoot at you as you travel both ways. The Mode just seems to lacking to me currently.. Despite how my fellow Chaladonians may feel about this.

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
Re: Retrieve Mode is too easy to blitz...
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2016, 10:36:34 am »
I made some extensive change suggestions for Retrieve that were deemed interesting. Basically, you can only take one cargo to each base, you can not unload the cargo if an enemy is at the base, and the base becomes invulnerable once fortified with the supplies. With 4 cargo, that would mean you have to take one to each base. The last base can take any excess if other bases are destroyed.

Offline Helios.

• Salutes: 14
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2016, 11:52:48 am »
I've sort of always wished that retrieve mode was more like a tug of war than a race against time, where you had to get it back to the starting base. maybe capturing different bases along the route would change their allegiance so they would shoot at the bad guys instead of you, but either way, you gotta get the balloons back to the starting base. like... those refineries are under fire in a war-zone... who is at work to do the refining once you drop off the cargo?

Offline Lysanya

• Salutes: 18
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
    • Lysanya's Twitch Channel
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2016, 06:13:17 pm »
If you can ninja the balloon thing and get it to the point you win... typically thing thing you take it from was going to the point your taking it to.... what if the balloon spawned attached to a boss and it was more like a race, where you would have to run down the boss, destroy it, and haul thingy back to your start point before the enemy can carry it to their base? Force you to work for it more... have the refinery things on the map be enemy outpost that shoot at you as you travel both ways. The Mode just seems to lacking to me currently.. Despite how my fellow Chaladonians may feel about this.

This is a well-known problem.  I made a video presentation to Muse during Alpha week that Retrieve mode, in its current form, IS Alliance mode, for all intensive purposes, as the math dictates that no other mode matters if you want to flip the map.

I made some extensive change suggestions for Retrieve that were deemed interesting. Basically, you can only take one cargo to each base, you can not unload the cargo if an enemy is at the base, and the base becomes invulnerable once fortified with the supplies. With 4 cargo, that would mean you have to take one to each base. The last base can take any excess if other bases are destroyed.

I love this idea.  This would fix a lot of the core retrieve problems immediately.