Author Topic: Alliance Upgrades  (Read 5258 times)

Offline Hai Fisch

• Salutes: 2
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
Alliance Upgrades
« on: September 03, 2016, 04:42:00 am »
I like the upgrade concept for alliance but the current version was inflexible. (Sorry if others have said the same things, I don't know how to read...)

With the way ship load outs change from pilot to pilot you can't always use the same stuff. So, what if, instead of giving each 'class' the upgrade points you give them to each 'loadout' 

So say I'm kitting out my engi, I would have the option to boost everything like 1 or 2 levels or max out 1 or 2 things, I could focus on better ammo in some situations and better tools in others.

The point being you still have limited options (can't max everything) but are flexible in how you use it from game to game, rather then spending the points permanantly and occasionally not being able to use their full benefit.

P.S. Not a big deal but there was a minor visual error when I fully upgraded my mallet, for some reason it didn't render diamond-encrusted with flames painted on it... It's still in testing so I get it, I just figured I'd mention it... oh and I can't find the Pink balloon paint in the store... prob just my crappy PC...
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 04:46:47 am by Hai Fisch »

Offline Solidusbucket

• Salutes: 93
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
Re: Alliance Upgrades
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2016, 10:34:54 am »
lol, i like the idea of overly exaggerated visuals to help represent an item's level. we do have golden items so it isnt impossible.

i agree with your idea.

I would go so far to say that being able to upgrade different loadouts would be something that has to be leveled up in itself.

Level 1-5 can upgrade one loadout. Level 6-10 gets to upgrade a second loadout.

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2016, 11:44:06 am »
They are removing the tool upgrade system completely in favor of probably a single use item system.

Offline GurasOguras

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 30
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2016, 12:04:06 pm »
The main reason to introduce tools upgrade was to reduce skill ceiling to the point where noob players won't have to care about what loadout they bring into the game. Muse wants Alliance to be a casual noob-friendly game where you and bunch of your friends will just get on a ship and "pew pew into things". And that's it. Any tools can work in any situation now and even if your entire crew will take pipe wrench instead of spanner & mallet you still will keep up with repairs. Even if your entire crew will bring wrong ammo then it won't have an as huge drawback when you load it into the wrong gun as it does in PvP.

The thing is: Muse is lowering skill ceiling because new players are leaving. Just take a look at any big youtuber that got paid to promote the game. Take a look on what they think and how they play the game. They you'll have the general idea about what noobs think when they do what they do. The majority of the community have "I don't care, I just want to have fun" mindset. People just don't have time to dig into the wiki, read all the tutorials and learn the game. Now those noobs can fuck off and do their silly stuff in PvE expansion without any consequences.

I'd solve the problem by having a better info in the tutorial text explaining the guns, their mechanics, what to aim for and what ammo is good and which will only make the gun worse. Educating people about all the game mechanics, guns and ammo, ships and their layouts on fly, when they approach certain guns or components sounds much better than constantly over and over introducing things like auto loading non-standard ammo, ruining heavy flak experience and introducing tool upgrades. But Muse is Muse and they do Muse things their own way.

With the way ship load outs change from pilot to pilot you can't always use the same stuff. So, what if, instead of giving each 'class' the upgrade points you give them to each 'loadout' 

Then it would make the game even more complex, rather than simpler which is the opposite of Muse goal. I think.

They are removing the tool upgrade system completely in favor of probably a single use item system.

I'd rather go with that. Is it confirmed info?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 12:09:52 pm by GurasOguras »

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2016, 01:37:36 pm »
As far as removing the upgrades, yes. Confirmed during the last Fireside. It is not confirmed what system will be put in place.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2016, 10:31:59 am »
I just want them to fix assault.

Its really annoying trying to find those weak points on bases. If they made something simpler. Like say on top is the transmissions dish or the armoury dock.

And at the bottom is load bearing pillar.

The location of each weak point as is, is kinda confusing.

And the middle is the facility core.

And shooting any one of those blows it up. I'd be cool with it.

But what I want most of all is the ability to bloody see spots. They just did not work on alliance. I could not see bugger all.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 10:34:24 am by Third Strike »