Author Topic: Guns of Icarus VR and Adventure Mode  (Read 4485 times)

Offline RAGEFACE

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
Guns of Icarus VR and Adventure Mode
« on: August 30, 2016, 07:24:14 pm »
This would be a great game to play in VR with some modification.  If ships were divided into 10x10 sections like pilot, lower, upper and front deck or port and starboard I could see it working well. Or players could possibly teleport over stairs and ladders and between walkable sections with controller. If walkable towns or shops are in the future, teleport movement system could be used with small local areas and shops players could walk around in together. These again could just be small 10x10 walkable sections surrounded by scenery. Just 5 areas per large town would be nice - one shop (player customization and small items), a tavern (social and private NPC missions), faction hall (faction missions, and alliance related functions), town square (social & peer-peer mission board), and shipyard (buy/sell bulk cargo, upgrade and repair ship). This could limit the work required to design and fill out whole towns.

I realize you folks have your hands full with alliance and any possible adventure mode expansions and ps4 release BUT could this be possible for the future or is something similar being considered? Run another Kickstarter! I'd fund adventure mode again and maybe a VR version once that's done too.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 07:55:23 pm by RAGEFACE »

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
Re: Guns of Icarus VR and Adventure Mode
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 01:55:49 pm »
Just no.

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
Re: Guns of Icarus VR and Adventure Mode
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2016, 06:10:18 am »
If walkable towns or shops are in the future
Hahahaha

Personally, I think the whole idea of Adventure Mode is long dead. Devs have run kickstarter with Adventure Mode goals and failed, and they refuse to make any other kickstarter since Alliance (formerly known as Co-Op) is not released yet, so they don't want to make another promises before fulfilling that one, even with some people's approval to do the kickstarter for so needed skirmish content. Not even mention the horrifying perspective of PS4 release (PS4 neo maybe?) which is at works since forever
Talking about VR support is just stupid at this moment.